Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  12
  1. Default "Sweet Home Alabama..."

"...I'm coming home to be with you!"

It's official now! Worked my last day yesterday and now begin the task of packing and getting ready for the big move back to my beloved Gulf Coast! Will be on the road in February and for those of you that recall my other post, the drift boat will be in tow.

Really excited to be headed back home. Been gone way too long!

2. Likes karstopo, npike, kayo, dennyk, mcnerney liked this post

Default Re: "Sweet Home Alabama..."

Welcome back. Roll Tide
    Kevin
    "Fight like you're the 3rd monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark"
    "Not every day is filled with sunshine. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"
    "If God had intended for man to only fish on weekends, He never would have created the other 5 days of the week."

4. Likes mcnerney liked this post
  5. Default Re: "Sweet Home Alabama..."

Thanks Kevin! Completed round one of the move-uhaul is unloaded, returned, and drift boat is parked in ts new home. Now I fly back to Seattle, get the wife, dog, and travel trailer, and do all again.

When this is all over we'll have to get together for coffee, oyster po'boy, whatever, and talk fishing!

6. Likes mcnerney, kevind62 liked this post

stilly-Welcome Home!

Denny

8. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Safe travels!! I head home tomorrow on my 9K mile trek. Going to the smokies for a few days when I get home to get in some fishing. Didn't get to fish either of the last two hitches home. Holidays the first one and everything froze last time. Looks like things are thawing nicely. Should be plenty of time for the water levels to go down and water to clear before I get up there.

Quote Originally Posted by stilly View Post
    Thanks Kevin! Completed round one of the move-uhaul is unloaded, returned, and drift boat is parked in ts new home. Now I fly back to Seattle, get the wife, dog, and travel trailer, and do all again.

When this is all over we'll have to get together for coffee, oyster po'boy, whatever, and talk fishing!
    Kevin
    "Not every day is filled with sunshine. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"
    "If God had intended for man to only fish on weekends, He never would have created the other 5 days of the week."

10. Likes smoke33, mcnerney liked this post
  11. Default Re: "Sweet Home Alabama..."

Great news that you're gonna be where you wanna be. Happy days!

(love the Lynard Skynard song too, brilliant!)

12. Likes kevind62 liked this post
  13. Default Re: "Sweet Home Alabama..."

Happy days indeed! Thanks guys! Such a great feeling to be where your heart wants to be!

Kevin, 9k miles!? And I thought I had a long trip ahead of me! Even though I am now a former employee I still feel obligated to say, Fly Boeing! Haha! With Airbus in town i better get over that.Have a safe trip!

Most of the international flight single deckers are Airbus now. The double deckers are still Boeing. All the double deckers are single seating upstairs and downstairs. And Delta has single seating on all international flights (single window and double isle so you don't have to worry about crawling over someone to get out or them crawling over you). But KLM still has the 2/2/2 seating (two each window and two isle) so I stick with the isle seats when I have to fly them. Actually book isle always. They have the larger overhead bins. And you don't have to share.

Quote Originally Posted by stilly View Post
    Happy days indeed! Thanks guys! Such a great feeling to be where your heart wants to be!

Kevin, 9k miles!? And I thought I had a long trip ahead of me! Even though I am now a former employee I still feel obligated to say, Fly Boeing! Haha! With Airbus in town i better get over that.Have a safe trip!
    Kevin