Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Thread: Sipsey Fork

Default Sipsey Fork

Well, #2 child unit has moved to Birmingham. Spousal unit and I are going up for a visit this week. Thought I might try this river while I'm up that way. After the visit going to head to western North Carolina for a few days and fish the Tuckasegee.
    Kevin
    "Fight like you're the 3rd monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark"
    "Not every day is filled with sunshine. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"
    "If God had intended for man to only fish on weekends, He never would have created the other 5 days of the week."

2. Likes mcnerney, djb_88 liked this post
  3. Default Re: Sipsey Fork

D0DF49F2-E680-4A09-B947-5CF6BC85BB60.jpg
    I fished it this summer. Save your time and just visit the fly store in the homewood area. The sipsey ditch is disappointing.

Default Re: Sipsey Fork

Quote Originally Posted by arsmith View Post
    D0DF49F2-E680-4A09-B947-5CF6BC85BB60.jpg
    I fished it this summer. Save your time and just visit the fly store in the homewood area. The sipsey ditch is disappointing.
    Is this at the Lewis Smith dam at Breman??
    Kevin
    "Not every day is filled with sunshine. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"
    "If God had intended for man to only fish on weekends, He never would have created the other 5 days of the week."

5. Default Re: Sipsey Fork

Yes. Back side of it. The water is very clear and shallow.

6. Default Re: Sipsey Fork

Beautiful river. Not really developed for 12 miles. Fishing isn't worth driving for. Disappointing since it's only a little over 2 hrs from me. I thought I would have a place to fish relatively close. Instead I'd rather drive 4 hours to the next closest place in Arkansas.

Too bad Alabama doesn't know what kind of gem they could have on their hands and the economic impact fly fishing for trophy trout could have.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Default Re: Sipsey Fork

I think if I would have had more time I could have caught some fish. They were holding water so very slow water movement but I could see fish rising. Most of the action was close to the dam at the pumping station. Didn’t get to really fish. The website said generation was supposed to start at 5 pm. Horn went off at 4. Only fished 5 minutes. Might try again on the way home.
    Kevin

8. Likes mcnerney liked this post
  9. Default Re: Sipsey Fork

Quote Originally Posted by kevind62 View Post
    I think if I would have had more time I could have caught some fish. They were holding water so very slow water movement but I could see fish rising. Most of the action was close to the dam at the pumping station. Didnít get to really fish. The website said generation was supposed to start at 5 pm. Horn went off at 4. Only fished 5 minutes. Might try again on the way home.
    They only stock approximately 3000 fish a month. In a put and take fishery that's tough. Get there when they stock or the locals take them all out.

Here's a link giving you info on stockings

Sipsey Fork below Smith Lake | Outdoor Alabama

Sent from my SM-P900 using Tapatalk

10. Likes mcnerney liked this post