Eastern Tennessee

c web

Reaction score
Not expecting anyone to give away any secret spots but thinking about exploring Eastern Tennessee. Dennis Cove Campground looks like a good initial spot to base camp. Any tips for that area? Thanks in advance, Chris

jayr

Reaction score
I live and fish East TN, where is that?

East TN has everything from tailwaters to bluelines and everything in between. Trout, carp, smallmouth.......

What are you looking for?

c web

Reaction score
Google Maps

Looking for trout, wilder the better.

I am originally from Graham County NC, have fished slick rock a lot but really that is as far as I have ventured into Vol country.

jayr

Reaction score
Google Maps

Looking for trout, wilder the better.

I am originally from Graham County NC, have fished slick rock a lot but really that is as far as I have ventured into Vol country.
You're close to the Wautaga and the SoHo.

A bit of a drive to the Smokies but they're as wild as they get there.

flytie09

Reaction score
Stop and see the Champions at the SOHO fly shop. Great group of guys there. They can fill you on any intel you need. Buy some gear to return the favor. They have a great stock of fly tying material. Plus they stock all of the hottest flies.

ft09

c web

Reaction score
Awesome trip, really love that area. Have a lot more exploring to do but I did strike gold on this trip. :D

I am really tired and ready for some real food but covered a lot of country and found a couple of blue lines that deserve further attention.

Last edited:

c web

Reaction score
This is what I was having the best luck with. Don't think it has a name, I guess sort of a frenchie? Anyway, I had only tied one of them, which is against my own rules but I guess I had a momentary lapse. Anyway I caught 3 fish pretty much back to back and then sacrificed my one fly to the gods of the laurel. Soon as I got home I tied up 6 or 8. :D

This one is a 12, I was catching them on a 14 but I tied up some 12s as well.

Last edited:

c web

Reaction score
I tried to repost them but no idea if it worked, I am trying to post them from google photos anyone have any ideas?

I can see the pics no problem, figured it was a privacy setting on my google account but couldn't see anything over there. Open for suggestions.

---------- Post added at 08:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

Think I figured it out can someone please verify?
Thanks, Chris