South Holston River

hatchhunter

Reaction score
Kevin and I decided to hit the water on Sunday afternoon to try out some of the sections that had been closed for the spawn. The weather was absolutely perfect. They had been generating for a few ours in the morning so watch the schedule if you plan on coming up this week. We got there on falling water at the water was still colored. So the fishing was slow until the water finished dropping out then it was like someone flicked a switch on and the fishing was hot. The fly of the day was a small olive hare's ear. Good old stand by nymph for sure. These fish are ready to eat. I suspect we'll be back several times in the next couple of days. We just can't leave water this good alone. Here's a short video we made of the day. The fish are very colored up now as the rainbows get ready for their spawn.2.1.09 recap video

Jakeway

Reaction score
Nice video. Looks like a lovely river...I hope to fish it this year. The Caney Fork is just too busy when the Canoe Hatch starts.

What camera did you use for that video?

hatchhunter

Reaction score
The river is just incredible, I on the other hand would love to get down to fish the Caney Fork, I have seen some awesome reports from that river this year.

The camera is a pentax optio w30 it's the only camera I feel comfortable taking fishing. It takes great pictures and decent video the video doesn't seem to render as well to the web though.

Give us a buzz when your in town.
I'd like to meet up with you.
Josh