Sandy River Spey Clave May 16-18th 2014

cb

Reaction score
Sandy River Spey Clave Oxbow Park Oregon

May 16-18th 2014

mcnerney

Administrator
Reaction score
Fred: I have to agree, I have never been, but have looked at their web site before and it looks like a fun event, wish it wasn't so darn far away, but then I still haven't pulled the trigger on purchasing a spey rod.

Larry

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Fred: I have to agree, I have never been, but have looked at their web site before and it looks like a fun event, wish it wasn't so darn far away, but then I still haven't pulled the trigger on purchasing a spey rod.

Larry
All the more reason to 'pull the trigger' and buy a airplane ticket. Oxbow is not much more than 20 miles east of Portland International Airport. You may have to rent a car, but if you bring basic camping gear 'you're all in.' If memory serves there's even hot showers. Hundreds of rod/line/etc., combinations, not to mention all the folks who will give you free lessons, on grass or down on the river. Trust me, the feel of the rod/line will feel quite different from one vs. the other.

Bob Larsell and I 'invented' the Sandy River 'Clave but if it weren't for Mark B (knowing the distributors, etc.) there never would have been a first let alone (I think?) number 12.

Why I 'urge' people to go is you can easily drop $1,200 to $1,500 on a rod, reel, line, etc., but is that the 'one' that really fits your "fishing needs/conditions?"

I should warn all that 2hander rods are like 'pop-corn,' you just can't eat one out of the bowl ....... :rolleyes: I don't even know who many I've got at the moment and I'm giving some away. I need 9-11 weight rods like I need another 'hole in my head.'

fae