Things you didn't even remember buying!

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
'Fishing rod' closet in my office ... 'What's this unopended box??

Dang!! A brand new Echo Glass 6wt 11 foot two hander and Scandi 330 grain line!! Needs! A new reel/ backing to get this loaded up!

Bummer Bit is there's nothing to fish with this kind of equipment, will be that way for several months.:sorry:

Double Bummer!

fae

ejsell

Reaction score
That's awesome. How long do you think its been in there?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dakotakid

Reaction score
Pretty funny that you forgot buying a rod. When I buy a rod or reel, I'm so excited to use it that I can't imagine putting it in the closet before I've had a chance to use it, even if it's just to practice.

Sort of on a tangent, I have several fly tying materials that have never been opened and I can't recall what pattern I bought them for. Guess I didn't really need them. :)

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Stuff happens Fred,

I've bought rods and then had them sit for a year before seeing any use. When I made the transition to Spey rods my first 13' rod was hear for nearly 2 years before I used it. I could single hand Spey cast well enough to get through the tight spots and was intimidated by the big rod.

I don't have any that I just plain forgot, although there's a 9'9weight here I bought in 2007 and it's never been used.

J

james w 3 3

I've had things I ordered take so many weeks (or months) to arrive that I had forgotten I ordered them. I see that as similar to a bonus Christmas!

Unknownflyman

Reaction score
Hahahaha Fred. Read a post recently from back a ways saving you ordered that rod, could have been here or Spey pages.

Glad you found it, how is it?:punk: