Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  10

Default F/S Hardy Marquis Salmon #2

A friend recently acquired a rather large collection of rods & reels and part of that collection were 3 brand new in the box and never even lined Hardy Marquis reels each with a spare spool also NIB. He has asked me to see if I can sell them here as he as more reels than anyone really needs. These are the made in Korea model. They are a good fit for a 7-8 wt. 2 hander and I think 8/9/10 SH.
    The price is $260.00 to your door(Reel & Spare Spool.) I will post pictures tomorrow. As I said they are NIB with all the papers.

Default Re: F/S Hardy Marquis Salmon #2

Oh man eastfly, I'm three weeks' away from leaving on a 5 week steelhead and salmon trip, and you are definitely tempting me with this.

Must. . .not. . .buy. . .another. . .fly reel.

Scott

3. Likes mcnerney, flytie09 liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by duker View Post
    Oh man eastfly, I'm three weeks' away from leaving on a 5 week steelhead and salmon trip, and you are definitely tempting me with this.

Must. . .not. . .buy. . .another. . .fly reel.

Scott
    Yeah, I said the same thing Scott, told myself I don't need another reel but once I reversed the wind direction to southpaw and gave it a spin....well, after hearing that sound..... that was it. Now I am buying one off my buddy so there are now 2 still for sale. I can get it off to you UPS pretty fast just in case

5. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Five Weeks OMG!

A fella could start another life in that amount of time Scott, I'm gonna go to Oregon in October but just for 2, you must be going to multiple places. I hope you catch a bunch, BTW, I used those Marquis #2 reels for years, they're hard to argue.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

7. Likes eastfly66, mcnerney, flytie09 liked this post

Hey Ard,

I was trying a rod up at Spey Nation and it had one of the Brougle reels on it , it was love at first sight ! One of these days I'm gonna get me one of those ! The Salmon 2 is going with me to Ontario, The Maitland in late November , 1st week December...........

9. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Eastfly, I'd gladly pick up one of those Marquis #2s had I not got a great deal on a used Scientific Anglers System 11 back in the Spring. It's basically between the Marquis #1 and #2, and works just fine on my 7 weight double hander.

Ard, I'm heading off on my annual fall trip: a little over two weeks in SE Alaska for coho (and probably a lot of chum), then two weeks or so in northern BC for steelhead. My double handers are going to get a work-out.

Scott

11. Likes eastfly66, mcnerney, flytie09 liked this post
    Blog Entries

Ah Bougle' reels, very much like a perfect, you'll like that I think. What size?

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ard View Post
    Ah Bougle' reels, very much like a perfect, you'll like that I think. What size?
    I'm not really sure yet Ard, I thinking of one for my SH five wt maybe.

Blog Entries

In that case I wouldn't go over 3 3/8" due to weight considerations.

2 sold, one remaining reel & spool.