The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  7
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 05-16-2017, 09:01 PM

bigfootken is on a distinguished road
Default Re: OPST running lines

ha! that would look real cool on my 5 weight 7 foot rod. I'm with you man on these great old school reels.
Old 05-16-2017, 10:19 PM

unknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant futureunknownflyman has a brilliant future

Probably 3" for your 5wt
Old 06-29-2017, 09:55 AM

bigfootken is on a distinguished road

just bought a cheap large arbor reel to see if it would make a difference. spooling the OPST running line on 2 1/4'' instead of 1 1/4'' makes all the difference (night & day). now all I have to do is stretch the line when I start and it stays manageable. thanks everyone. Ken
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes Ard liked this post
Old 06-29-2017, 10:04 AM

coug is a splendid one to beholdcoug is a splendid one to beholdcoug is a splendid one to beholdcoug is a splendid one to beholdcoug is a splendid one to beholdcoug is a splendid one to behold

I was using the OPST on my 4wt two-hander that I use for trout. I something a little thicker so switched back to yellow Monic. But that is just me, I know people love the OPST, it just wasn't for me.