Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: DH Travel rod?

1. Default DH Travel rod?

Hi!

I'm looking for a travel rod that would fit in checked luggage nicely. This would be for business or other travel that would give opportunity to extend the trip with couple days and explore local rivers. The rod length roughly 12-13' in 7-8#. Vision Siks would be one possibility, but have not found anywhere online. Would anyone have other suggestions? Appreciate any suggestion.

Blog Entries

Default Re: DH Travel rod?

You might take a look at the Deerfield fly rods, they have what they call the two mode long and lite rod that can be configured as a 9 ft 8 wt or by adding a nine inch insert can configure as a 7 wt, 8 wt, 9 wt or 10 wt in different lengths for $595. The rod tube measures 24 x 2 , but if you took the rod out of the tube it measures 23 1/4 inch which should fit in one of those checked luggage suitcases if you put it in diagonally.
    RODS AND BLANKS | Deerfield Fly Rods

Larry
    Larry

check on spey clave for a Vision 5 DH travel rod. Lot of good and relatively cheap stuff are on sale there.

Quote Originally Posted by fatfinn View Post
    Hi!

I'm looking for a travel rod that would fit in checked luggage nicely. This would be for business or other travel that would give opportunity to extend the trip with couple days and explore local rivers. The rod length roughly 12-13' in 7-8#. Vision Siks would be one possibility, but have not found anywhere online. Would anyone have other suggestions? Appreciate any suggestion.

4. Default Re: DH Travel rod?

Thank you for the tips! Trying to find a "true" double handed that would have more than 4 sections.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Quote Originally Posted by fatfinn View Post
    Thank you for the tips! Trying to find a "true" double handed that would have more than 4 sections.
    Check out Lamiglas' web site; at one time they made a 6 section 2hander. To my surprise it was a very nice casting rod even with all those 'connections.'

fae
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

6. Default Re: DH Travel rod?

Thank you for the advice!

At the I did end up with Vision Siks #7 13'4". Not an easy task to find here in US, but made it at the end. Looked at couple of other options also. I have made earlier couple casts with the rod. Tried it now for about an hour at local river. 510grain skagit head was bit heavy, but rod feels very good and fits my casting. Couple lighter heads in the mail now, so I believe I will find a perfect set-up from there for the future trips.

7. Likes fredaevans, baseman1 liked this post