Well-well-well ..'What do we have here?'

fredaevans

Reaction score
White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone
Putzing around with a stack of rod tubes and 'this one's heavy?'

Brand spanking new, never been lined, 5/6 TFO spey rod!:eek:

More digging; a reel loaded with a 5/6 spey line and leader attached. Rig, apply fly and whole new game plan for low water Steelhead fishing.:army:

fae

ejsell

Reaction score
Putzing around with a stack of rod tubes and 'this one's heavy?'

Brand spanking new, never been lined, 5/6 TFO spey rod!:eek:

More digging; a reel loaded with a 5/6 spey line and leader attached. Rig, apply fly and whole new game plan for low water Steelhead fishing.:army:

fae
Will you adopt me

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

fredaevans

Reaction score
Good for you Fred, that's better then finding a C-Note in some britches you haven't worn in a couple years! :)

Denny
A bit of history from 65 years back. It's Christmas, no money, well a couple of bucks, and need to buy Mom a present. Going through all my pockets and found a $20.00 bill! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

At that age a twenty means your rich ... and have a poor memory. :lol2: More toss-back ... couldn't afford a Christmas tree so we had this wee plastic thing .. better than nothing I guess.

Must be better than 'nothing' .... that was age 10, now 75, and still use the same 'tree.' Like most I suspect, lots of 'Mom Stories' to look back upon and smile.

Fred Evans

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
That's something I won't need to worry about happening here Fred. However, it seems that each time a rod does arrive it sits for nearly six months or more before getting any use. That isn't just due to winters, it's something weird that I can't explain. New rods are like meeting new people, it takes a while before you get comfortable with them. The other possible reasoning (subliminal I suspect) is that if I really like the 'new' then the old just gather dust. I've seen this happen with my Hardy rods all except the 11 1/2 foot Swift rod. That rod is about as good a medium water 2 hander as I could ever want. That darn Sage One 13' 6" has made all other rods obsolete, even the Sage X 14' that I got last year. None are as good as the One.

Incidentally, any one who desires a good 11 1/2 foot 2 hand caster might try looking up the discontinued Swift. I lined them with 475 grain Beulah Elixirs having 37 foot heads and the rods will fish small rivers close in or you can stretch them on a larger river casting 80 foot with them.

Sorry for the hijack Fred :)

fredaevans

Reaction score
My first 'try' at fishing yesterday PM ... a disaster.

Early last December my body just folded up for the first time, of three, in the month. The last one I was tossed into intensive care for the better part of four days. The hold over of this 'busted flush?,' I now need a 'walker' (first thing in the AM) or at least a cane.:rolleyes:

Yesterday: Waddled out into the Rogue River, had a hell of a time just standing up! Am I now confined to a spinning rod and a folding lawn chair? The good thing (if there is any such a thing)
is two of my 'best places' have beaches I can drive up to the river's edge.

Ah well, just one more thing to 'think through' and make needed adjustments on the 'how to.'

fae