G. Loomis IMX-PRO 41111-4

Fkrow

Reaction score
Had a great day with eastfly66 yesterday. He visited with new G. Loomis IMX-PRO 41111-4 (4wt 11'11").

The factory recommended line weights were spot on for our casting style. This is unusual, I normally find the factory charts are over lined.

First up was the SA Scandi in 270gr with hand tied Maxima leader approx. 14-15ft long. Excellent match up for both long casts with nice turn over and short casts with only the leader outside the rod tip. Great line for wet flies, especially soft hackles in riffles and runs,,,, in addition, smaller streamers will work with a shorter slightly stouter leader.

Paul had some heavy streamers with Fish Skull heads he likes for larger trout in pocket water with boulders and deep runs.
The OPST Commando in 275gr with RIO MOW light 5/5 tip and about 18" leader was able to cast these flies easily with nice turn over.

This rod is 1/2 the retail cost wrt the popular top of the line name brands however, it casts equally as well. Very nicely designed rod from G. Loomis.

Regards,
FK

eastfly66

Reaction score
I tried one of the articulated Ice pick versions this morning too FK and the head & rod had no problem launching when I did my part right. This is going to be a nice trout streamer rig. One bow this AM , nothing to write home about but the rod was still sporting with a fish that size. This is a nice price point and set up for anyone thinking of exploring the trout spey game. There are some deals out there if you shop around.......(hint)