Scott 2 handed

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Emil,

I don't but I'll bump the thread for you :)

I've seen and tried various Loomis - Echo - Beulah - Hardy - Winston - Redington - one Meiser and of course Sage rods but haven't run across any Scott 2 handers here.

J.James

Reaction score
Hi Ard! Hope you are well buddy.

Emil,

The 2H is heavier and slower than the T3H. So expect to use more grains on the T2. The T2 has a slower action as well

You’d have to be more specific about which rod series. I’ve cast a few including their glass. I’ll talk about the T3. Scott blanks are super nice. The series is really for Scandi which is excellent as Scandi lines can now carry sinking poly leaders that can carry bigger flies. I use Gaelforce lines. Their lines are marked one weight up so the 460grain 37ft 8# is really a 6w.

The rods can cast skagit but they are made for Scandi. Much like Sage, Scott uses some no biggy reel seat and cork design. Other companies do it better but if you have a specific request Scott will do whatever you want within reason.

If you are in the lower 48 you should use the 6w 13’6 as it can handle any chrome and large trout are fun as well. It pitches 390-420 grains which is remarkable at that length

Good luck

rockriver

Reaction score
The Radian 16ft. 10wt. is what I'm looking at. Long story of why I am looking at it. I have the T3h, 16ft. 10wt. I used 2H to imply 2 handed rod, sorry for the mix up.