The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Spey Rods and Switch Rods - Fly Fishing Tackle Talk! Discuss all the latest Spey and Switch fly rods and double handed fly fishing rods here.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 07-06-2017, 07:42 PM

grousehunter49 is on a distinguished road
Default Echo Glass 11' 7# two handed rod

I got this rod today,I asked for a line for the rod ,he gave me a loop shooting head 7# GDC 416gr float 34.8ft What do you think of this setup. Thanks I,m new at this.
Old 07-08-2017, 05:50 PM

grousehunter49 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Echo Glass 11' 7# two handed rod

Don,t matter now I took it back,to soft and switchy for my liking,got the 1010-7#-4 SR what a differance. I like this one.
Old 07-08-2017, 07:43 PM

flytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant futureflytie09 has a brilliant future

Too bad... I picked one up this year and have yet to test it out. It looks purty. Yeah, they're a little slow action... but I fish bamboo spey rods as well.... so I'm not expecting this to be a big issue. You just need to slow everything down. I was planning on a 450 grain Skagit short for starters....

Cheers.

ft09

“If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago.”
~Zane Grey

" . . . shouldn't a man stand on his own two feet and catch his own steelhead? Maybe put out some effort and find his own fish just for the fun of it?"
~Syd Glasso
Old 07-08-2017, 10:04 PM
Echo Glass 11' 7# two handed rod

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by grousehunter49 View Post
I got this rod today,I asked for a line for the rod ,he gave me a loop shooting head 7# GDC 416gr float 34.8ft What do you think of this setup. Thanks I,m new at this.
Not new at this, this rod/line combo is a 'cannon' for winter steelhead fishing. Toss Salmon into that mix. 8# or 10# leader to the fly and FISH WILL FEAR YOU!

Just a 'trust me on this one' thing.

fae .. This is a Mz Turkey/Dog-Dog approved message.
Likes flytie09 liked this post
Old 07-11-2017, 11:27 AM

huronfly is a name known to allhuronfly is a name known to allhuronfly is a name known to allhuronfly is a name known to allhuronfly is a name known to allhuronfly is a name known to all

I fish the 7139 most of the year and have come to love it. Actually I don't care to use any other rod for steelheading in the GL's.