The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

Spey Rods and Switch Rods - Fly Fishing Tackle Talk! Discuss all the latest Spey and Switch fly rods and double handed fly fishing rods here.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 10-07-2017, 05:12 PM
Well-well-well ..'What do we have here?'

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Well-well-well ..'What do we have here?'

Putzing around with a stack of rod tubes and 'this one's heavy?'

Brand spanking new, never been lined, 5/6 TFO spey rod!

More digging; a reel loaded with a 5/6 spey line and leader attached. Rig, apply fly and whole new game plan for low water Steelhead fishing.

fae
Old 10-07-2017, 05:48 PM

ejsell has a brilliant futureejsell has a brilliant futureejsell has a brilliant futureejsell has a brilliant futureejsell has a brilliant futureejsell has a brilliant futureejsell has a brilliant futureejsell has a brilliant futureejsell has a brilliant futureejsell has a brilliant futureejsell has a brilliant future
Default Re: Well-well-well ..'What do we have here?'

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Putzing around with a stack of rod tubes and 'this one's heavy?'

Brand spanking new, never been lined, 5/6 TFO spey rod!

More digging; a reel loaded with a 5/6 spey line and leader attached. Rig, apply fly and whole new game plan for low water Steelhead fishing.

fae
Will you adopt meWell-well-well ..'What do we have here?'

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2017, 05:55 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

We're a couple of thousand miles apart but will take same under active consideration. Now if you were reasonably attractive female ...

fae
Old 10-08-2017, 09:33 AM

dennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant future

Good for you Fred, that's better then finding a C-Note in some britches you haven't worn in a couple years!

Denny
Old 10-08-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dennyk View Post
Good for you Fred, that's better then finding a C-Note in some britches you haven't worn in a couple years!

Denny
A bit of history from 65 years back. It's Christmas, no money, well a couple of bucks, and need to buy Mom a present. Going through all my pockets and found a $20.00 bill!

At that age a twenty means your rich ... and have a poor memory. More toss-back ... couldn't afford a Christmas tree so we had this wee plastic thing .. better than nothing I guess.

Must be better than 'nothing' .... that was age 10, now 75, and still use the same 'tree.' Like most I suspect, lots of 'Mom Stories' to look back upon and smile.

Fred Evans
Likes ejsell, dennyk, Lewis Chessman liked this post
Old 10-08-2017, 12:47 PM

dennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant futuredennyk has a brilliant future

$20 back then, yes you were rich! Cool how that one worked out for you and Mom!

Denny
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes fredaevans liked this post
Old 10-11-2017, 02:46 PM
Administrator

Ard has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Ard Send a message via Skype™ to Ard

That's something I won't need to worry about happening here Fred. However, it seems that each time a rod does arrive it sits for nearly six months or more before getting any use. That isn't just due to winters, it's something weird that I can't explain. New rods are like meeting new people, it takes a while before you get comfortable with them. The other possible reasoning (subliminal I suspect) is that if I really like the 'new' then the old just gather dust. I've seen this happen with my Hardy rods all except the 11 1/2 foot Swift rod. That rod is about as good a medium water 2 hander as I could ever want. That darn Sage One 13' 6" has made all other rods obsolete, even the Sage X 14' that I got last year. None are as good as the One.

Incidentally, any one who desires a good 11 1/2 foot 2 hand caster might try looking up the discontinued Swift. I lined them with 475 grain Beulah Elixirs having 37 foot heads and the rods will fish small rivers close in or you can stretch them on a larger river casting 80 foot with them.

Sorry for the hijack Fred

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes fredaevans liked this post
Old 10-13-2017, 07:45 AM

My first 'try' at fishing yesterday PM ... a disaster.

Early last December my body just folded up for the first time, of three, in the month. The last one I was tossed into intensive care for the better part of four days. The hold over of this 'busted flush?,' I now need a 'walker' (first thing in the AM) or at least a cane.

Yesterday: Waddled out into the Rogue River, had a hell of a time just standing up! Am I now confined to a spinning rod and a folding lawn chair? The good thing (if there is any such a thing)
is two of my 'best places' have beaches I can drive up to the river's edge.

Ah well, just one more thing to 'think through' and make needed adjustments on the 'how to.'

fae
Likes dennyk liked this post
Old 10-13-2017, 08:17 AM

Amen Fred, where there's a will there's a way! At this time I can certainly relate! Keep pressing on sir!

Denny