Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: 8wt for short casting distances

Quote Originally Posted by birdyshooter View Post
    Best I can find would be the TFO Mangrove. What's your thoughts???
    PS: TFO considers the Mangrove a fast action rod designed for distance, which is what you've stated you do not need. I've never cast the Mangrove, but I have a BVK, and it is a great casting rod, but intended for distance rather than presentation. The Clearwater can hit distances past 50' with no trouble, but I feel as if its strong suit is in the 50' or less range. I think that a glass rod would serve your purpose, too, but I have very little experience with them, so my opinion on that doesn't count for much. I have a CGR 7/8 and it casts well, but I find it very easy to overpower if I don't keep my cast very slow. The Clearwater is more conducive to my natural casting speed.
    People complain about the humidity in Florida... but no one's ever had to shovel humidity to get to his car.

Hey Guys!! Thanks for all the feed back. I have a lot to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by fq13 View Post
    I have an Orvis Clearwater #8 tip action for sale. It's 9' but a nice rod and I'll take $150 plus actual shipping. Ironically the reason I am selling it is because I bought a 7'10" Reddington Predator. I love both rods, but I don't need three eight weights. Either the Clear water or Predator will make you happy, just get a heavy grain line and slow down and let the rod do the work.
    Ps I will throw in a Cabelas house brand reel made by Lamson with the konic drag loaded up with a Sa warm water redfish line for $75 more. All spooled and ready to fish, but I have nothing but love for the Reddington.
    I might be interested in that Clearwater if you still have it?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12