Tenkara Bum/Nissin Royal Stage review

J

james w 3 3

My new Nissin Royal Stage 360 7:3 arrived yesterday, just returned from casting it at my local practice pond.

First though, Chris, Tenkara Bum in NYC is awesome. His advice, response to a question via email, and sale fulfillment service are absolutely extraordinary.

The Nissin is my first Japan manufactured Tenkara rod. Now I understand. :eek:
My Diawa Kiyose is, for what it was designed to do, outstanding. But the Nissin Royal Stage is, for what it was designed to do, incredible. I was casting 15' of #3 level line like I'd been doing it for years and with great accuracy. Now I understand how guys can cast long lines so well. Nice backbone in the lower part of the rod and a very efficient flexing upper section.
Chris was right about some preferring the little longer handle than the Zerosum, I like it.
Streams (most, not all) close here in CA on the 15th . . . work can wait. ;)

kentuckysteve

Reaction score
I don't know a lot about tenkara other than what i have read so i looked up the Nissin Royal Stage 360 7:3.I have to say i really like the look's of that rod.I bet it would be a great rod for nymphing or drifting a top water pattern with a dropper.

J

james w 3 3

Too soft for nymphing, that's what my Daiwa Kiyose is for, and it excells at that. (Since it collapses down to about 15" it goes in my daypack just in case anyway.)