The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > >

The Tenkara Forum Threads Discuss the tackle and techniques of Tenkara fly fishing here

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  16
Dislikes Dislikes:  0

Old 04-19-2017, 09:10 AM

ejsell has much to be proud ofejsell has much to be proud ofejsell has much to be proud ofejsell has much to be proud ofejsell has much to be proud ofejsell has much to be proud ofejsell has much to be proud ofejsell has much to be proud ofejsell has much to be proud ofejsell has much to be proud of
Default Son's first Tenkara catch.

My 7 year old caught his 1st and 2nd fish on my Tenkara. Not much is biting yet but he wanted to get out over the weekend so I took him to a small pond on the Malabar State Farm property. He got a couple very small blue gill to bite. The first one went sailing over his head when he set the hook. When he realized what he did he whipped it back again and it landed "safely" in the pond. This is the 2nd one he caught. We are working on his holding skillsSon's first Tenkara catch.
Click the image to open in full size.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 9 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Old 04-22-2017, 06:19 PM

jrob is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Son's first Tenkara catch.

Great way to get kids fly fishing. Tenkara rod and bluegill is magic for kiddos!
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 3 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes fredaevans, Ard, ejsell liked this post
Old 04-22-2017, 07:51 PM
Administrator

Ard has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond reputeArd has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Ard Send a message via Skype™ to Ard

Nice!

On a fly rod I was a blue gill catcher years before I figured out the trout. At seven you're giving him a head start buddy

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Post Thanks / Like - 0 Thanks, 1 Likes, 0 Dislikes
Likes ejsell liked this post
Old 04-22-2017, 08:19 PM
Son's first Tenkara catch.

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

ALL GOOD!!!

All good!

Single Mom/ kids: She had an office 'reputation.' Doubted a word of it.

Not those kinds of fish here, wood drift boat, three day drifts, tents, simple food. Caught fish!! Small RV, the lot of them sleeping, Colman latern on the table, made coffee, stove, hashbrowns, eggs for the lot ready to go. Sleepy face ... 'You got any more of that coffee?'

Found out later she was asked if 'I had ever done anything inapproprite.'

" He hugged me once."

Word got around .... Got to work, a small vase(sp?), a fresh flower on my desk every day for years.

fae
Old 04-22-2017, 08:31 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Very cool! He will be excited to go fishing for a long time, congrats!

Old 05-03-2017, 02:24 AM

pab1 is a jewel in the roughpab1 is a jewel in the roughpab1 is a jewel in the rough

Congrats to both of you!