Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  2

Default Hello All. I need a little help,Please

I have come into possession of a Redington "Redfly" Spey Rod that was a part of my Dads Estate. Other than the "Redfly" logo on the rod, there are no other markings to indicate Length or line weight. This rod is most likely from the late 90's to mid 00's. My Dad used it for Atlantic Salmon and occasionally in Saltwater. It is in excellent condition, but I have no clue to its size, age or value. I know Spey rods have evolved light years past when this rod was made, but would be nice to have some info on this rod. I have emailed Redington, but have gotten no response as of yet. Any Spey gurus here that might be able to shed some light on this rod.

Thanks!
    "We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About"

Blog Entries

Default Re: Hello All. I need a little help,Please

No line or reel with? Aside from labeling the only way to sort one out may be to have a line in which case you can get the grain weight of the head / belly portion. I now all my rods by their grain weight and not by the numerical rating printed on them.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Measure the overall length with a tape measure. Then compare it with the following table on page 8 of the attachment below. :

7WT - 12'6" 7.3 oz
    8WT - 13' 8.4 oz
    9WT - 14' 8.4 oz
    10 WT - 15' 9.5 oz

https://www.redington.com/resources/..._Redington.pdf

I'm not a guru....but google makes me look like one.

“If I fished only to capture fish, my fishing trips would have ended long ago.”
    ~Zane Grey

" . . . shouldn't a man stand on his own two feet and catch his own steelhead? Maybe put out some effort and find his own fish just for the fun of it?"
    ~Syd Glasso

4. Likes Ard, ia_trouter liked this post

Thanks for the help. I looked on the Redington site, but never came across this page.
    I certainly appreciate it!!!!
    "We Are The People Our Parents Warned Us About"