Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  49
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Cosmopolitan vacation with fishing

Quote Originally Posted by yikes View Post
    His girlfriend / business partner Marica Cicoria is likewise easy on the eyes:
    I'll go "you fish I'll watch".
    I don't always catch fish; but when I do I scream like a little girl.

2. Likes yikes liked this post

I did something like this on my one year anniversary trip with my wife. We went to the Vail area in Colorado for around a week and stayed at the Ritz Carlton. We won two nights at a work function of hers so we figured we'd cash it in and do some hiking, horseback riding, and fishing. We contacted Bob at Colorado Angling Company and he set us up with a half day guide on private water. I told him it was myself and my wife but my wife wasn't one to fish. He laughed and said it wasn't a big deal and that they had a lot of couples like that.

We met up with our guide who knew my wife was joining so he didn't have us meet too early which was very much appreciated (probably more by me than my wife since I'm really not a morning person). The private water area is actually a really cool spot and there's a small loft sized cabin along with a few grills and picnic tables. The guide said she didn't need to put waders on unless she wanted to (she did anyways to get "the full experience"). The area we fished was about 40 yards from the cabin and we pulled out some pretty nice browns and rainbows all ranging from a foot to 17".

I would suggest you check out a book called "25 Best Towns Fly Fishing for Trout by Bob Mallard". This book covers places to fly fish and activities for the non-fisherman Museums, Restaurants, Shopping. I found this book to be a good read.

5. Likes chi.fly.guy liked this post

Perhaps this thread is dead now, but i recently saw fly fishing film tour on fly fishing queenfish in Dubai, which was so cool. Its doesnt get more cosmo than Dubai - right?

7. Likes ejsell liked this post

Yes for cultured urbanity and fishing, saltwater offers a variety of opportunities. If it is trout fishing of quality you want though the only place that comes to my mind is San Carlos de Bariloche in Argentine Patagonia.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234