Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  9
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Trout, Big game, upland - Swap/Share my Madison Cabin & MN hunt/fish for your???

Hi All - New here, but I've been around. I have a cabin by Varney, and am also building on my E. Gallatin lot right in Bozeman this year, God and the city willing. Great mulie, antelope, moose and elk country, easy taqs. My boats and raft may be available if you can row and I trust you.

Real simple idea here - I am newly semi retired and have more time than my current group of friends and younger relatives. I am looking to expand my network, and specifically, would like to explore fly fishing, especially spey - where ever the trail leads... and Southern / warm fair chase hunting, especially archery. Hit me up if you want to talk. Been on the Madison 24 years now, and guide/chase smallies, muskies, whitetail, pheasants and turkeys here in MN. Thanks

Craig

2. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Default Re: Trout, Big game, upland - Swap/Share my Madison Cabin & MN hunt/fish for your???

Hello and welcome to the forum! Hoping to get good news from my financial advisor when I get home and be the same very soon. Semi retired and too much time on my hands.

Turkey season opens in AL on 16 March. On the train to Chengdu on Tuesday and should be home Wednesday if I don't miss my flight. I will at least be home for 4 weeks, depending on the news. Could be longer. Lots of good gobblers on our place. Tags are over the counter.

HUNT0315.jpg

And there's always an abundance of those aggravating pigs destroying everything in their path.

IMG_1184.jpg
    600310_10151178562916902_1427326647_n.jpg
    IMG_2622.jpg

And an occasional cat.
    IMG_3108.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Car7x View Post
    Hi All - New here, but I've been around. I have a cabin by Varney, and am also building on my E. Gallatin lot right in Bozeman this year, God and the city willing. Great mulie, antelope, moose and elk country, easy taqs. My boats and raft may be available if you can row and I trust you.

Real simple idea here - I am newly semi retired and have more time than my current group of friends and younger relatives. I am looking to expand my network, and specifically, would like to explore fly fishing, especially spey - where ever the trail leads... and Southern / warm fair chase hunting, especially archery. Hit me up if you want to talk. Been on the Madison 24 years now, and guide/chase smallies, muskies, whitetail, pheasants and turkeys here in MN. Thanks

Craig
    Kevin
    "Fight like you're the 3rd monkey trying to get on Noah's Ark"
    "Not every day is filled with sunshine. Some days you're the pigeon, some days you're the statue"
    "If God had intended for man to only fish on weekends, He never would have created the other 5 days of the week."

4. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Default Re: Trout, Big game, upland - Swap/Share my Madison Cabin & MN hunt/fish for your???

Welcome to the forum

6. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Hi Kevin - Thanks for the outreach. Looks like you got some fun stuff goin' on. Need any help with those toms and pigs?

I'm in region 3, specifically big game zone 330. Elk and deer combo is OTC, pretty much a guaranteed draw.

And, of course, fishing. Though I'm on the Madison, I am thinking about revisiting Land of the Giants again this spring,P1000410(2).jpgwhere this happens. Got about 70 of these in 4 hours last year. All good fishermen, but we could really only fit about 4 guys at once. Crazy.

Anyway, thanks for the get back, and let me know if you want to chat - travel well and safely, happy trails.

PS - I am a recovering financial advisor, and I say do it.

8. Likes mcnerney, kevind62 liked this post

Similar tastes in transport units..image.jpg

10. Likes mcnerney, kevind62 liked this post

Hey, Thanks, Dillon! Been a lurker forever, but have time now to get serious. Thanks for the welcome, stay in touch!

Craig

Welcome. Same here as far as buddies and relatives, but Iím still working most of the time. I canít help on the hunting as Iíve given it up. If you want to drop over the hill and fish the Beaverhead or the Big Hole, give me a shout. I will be out most of June through the fourth and off and on thereafter until snow season begins. Fair warning, Iíve fished the area most of my life, but Iím just setting up shop, so to speak, at my new place south of Clark Canyon.

13. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Welcome to the forum!
    If you want to fish Wyoming in the future, let me know, I have a 2016 Clacka Eddy drift boat.
    Larry

Quote Originally Posted by Car7x View Post

Craig
    Ha ! I took this photo, from your front porch back in 2004, at the cabin, after dinner with the "Whitefish King"...Wondered where you had gotten off to Craig...

Best,

Tim B. /Planettrout
    Daughter to Father, " How many arms do you have, how many fly rods do you need?"

http://planettrout.wordpress.com/

16. Likes mcnerney liked this post

Thanks, Larry! Like those Eddies. Used to have an LP, Bruce Belles gave me my first Clack alongside with all a bunch of other guides in MN. Great guy, always supports the Madison River Foundation with a donated boat. Running a boulder boat lately. I'll be on a little ranch out of Kaycee on their private stretch of the Powder after archery elk 2019, before heading over Lolo to the Clearwater to swing some flies. My dog trainer's been hunting there for years and introduced me, lots of trout. Thanks for the nice welcome, Let's stay in touch!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast