Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Learn the Double Haul Cast

Default Re: Learn the Double Haul Cast

Hi Jimmy,

The trick to learning is doing the downup with out a rod. Do it during the day any time you think about. Once you get the downup going with your arm on the back cast and forecast you can practice with the rod. If you can do the downup sitting in front of the computer you can do it with a rod. Start with short cast and get the timing down before trying for distance.

So as you watch the video do exactly like Mel and you will get it in no time. Do it five or six times every time you think about and you will be surprised how quickly it comes together.

---------- Post added at 09:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:56 AM ----------

Hi Jimmy,

The trick to learning is doing the downup with out a rod. Do it during the day any time you think about. Once you get the downup going with your arm on the back cast and forecast you can practice with the rod. If you can do the downup sitting in front of the computer you can do it with a rod. Start with short cast and get the timing down before trying for distance.

So as you watch the video do exactly like Mel and you will get it in no time. Do it five or six times every time you think about and you will be surprised how quickly it comes together.

Frank

2. Default Re: Learn the Double Haul Cast

Nice video! Can't wait to try this later in the week. Remember, downup!

3. Default Re: Learn the Double Haul Cast

that video with Krieger was incredibly helpful. before i saw this i was getting roughly 60ft, now i'm topping out around 80, and i still havnt gotten it down yet fully.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12