A stylish and important lesson-

BigCliff

Reaction score
Straighten your fly line!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFIjELXKBqM&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - ‪Lose Your Memory - Fishing Tips - Steve Edge - Weekly Wisdom - 18th May 2011‬‏[/ame]

Thanks to This Is Fly Daily and Le Mouching

mojo

Reaction score
I too like the suit. And the boots. Nothing says fly fishing like English tailoring.

raindogt

Reaction score
I gotta admit-- at first I thought this was a comedy skit.... And I assumed that he was going to snag that first girl on the bike and 'stretch' his fly line.... :D

FlyBum

Reaction score
I gotta admit-- at first I thought this was a comedy skit.... And I assumed that he was going to snag that first girl on the bike and 'stretch' his fly line.... :D
In that case I think he'd be trying to stretch his rod.:eek:

I'm going to have to get a matching outfit.

wjc

Reaction score
Gator,

I fly fish barefooted in a boat, and sometimes use solid, hard monocore lines, which are a real pain when it comes to memory coils. Stretching before leaving is nice, but that will not even last all day if you run to different locations.

So I stick the line under my bare foot and stretch it in segments by pulling up with both hands. But beware of sunburning the tops of your feet if you are in the habit of wearing shoes and socks. :D :D

Cheers,
Jim

cappy

Reaction score
rod and pull it tight. After a night rigged and streatched ya worries are over. ya aint gotta worry bout hookin' ya toes either:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Last edited by a moderator:

cappy

Reaction score
To stretch my f-line I stretch it out as Ii strip it out in prep of the first cast. I just hold the line to the rod handle with my right hand and pull the line out with my left stretching it at arms reach. Once my fishing length is at my feet a quick glance will show ya any remaining kinks. You will be amazed at how easy a well stretched, cleaned and slicked f-line will slide through the eyes[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

cappy

Reaction score
A few years ago I picked up a new line, the box said it was new and improved with 'memory foam'. Well guess what the:ranting3: stuff remembered??? The dang loops :mad:[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]