Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Bad video of me casting

Default Re: Bad video of me casting

no prob, it seemed to work on short casts, but once I got line out aways I had to start moving more, Im trying to practice keeping the line higher so when Im wading its not dragging.. I will say I like the sidearm more, when I was overhead casting I had the fake fly nail me in the hand and arm twice, not so good once I put a fly on. ill try to get a new video in a few days, I need to find a flater place to cast, and with less yard obsticals.
    have a good 4th everyone

You were trying the horizontal casting and watching the loop in both directions then?

which part are you referring to?

Where you cast in a direction parallel with your legs so you can easily watch the loop forwards and backwards by just turning your head.

I just seem more stable when me left foot is forward, I try to cast in alot of angles at short range because i know out fishing I wont always be able to go over hand, in fact the last time on the creek I was able to cast from side to side in front of me on a 20 or 30 ft cast.

Quote Originally Posted by mbphotos54 View Post
    I try to cast in alot of angles at short range because i know out fishing I wont always be able to go over hand.
    You are wise beyond your years. That is so true about not always being able to chose your footing. Once you really have the basic cast down, it won't hurt to learn to cast with your non-dominant hand. That comes in handy when trees are blocking your dominant hand cast or when the wind is trying to blow the fly into your ear.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackster View Post
    You are wise beyond your years. That is so true about not always being able to chose your footing. Once you really have the basic cast down, it won't hurt to learn to cast with your non-dominant hand. That comes in handy when trees are blocking your dominant hand cast or when the wind is trying to blow the fly into your ear.
    thanks, actully did some off hand casting the other day when my casting hand got tired, didnt to do bad other then not having good control of the line..

well I havent had a chance to get to the river this week, and unlikly this week also, But I did get some yard casting in. I notice how taller grass makes things alot harder, but I managed to shoot out the flyline almost all the way out. It still looks like junk but once in awhile I was able to do it with out dragging on the back cast..

Quote Originally Posted by mbphotos54 View Post
    thanks, actully did some off hand casting the other day when my casting hand got tired, didnt to do bad other then not having good control of the line..
    If your casting hand gets tired, usually this is a symptom of griping the rod too tightly during the entire cast. The hand should be relaxed except during the stop phase of the cast. There is no need for a "death grip" on the rod through out the cast.

You will notice that when you make a hard fist, you will unconsciously "lock" the wrist and hand. This locking of the wrist and hand with a tight grip at the stop causes the hard stop.
    Regards,

Silver

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

ill give it a try.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234