Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: learning rod

1. Default Re: learning rod

even if we see things a little differently once in a while. Frank

LOL it works for me and my Husband.
    I love reading your post also Frank and respect is there for you.

Default Re: learning rod

Thanks for the help. She loves to fish right now, just never tried the fly. I am sure that she will like it.

3. Default Re: learning rod

Better yet, get yourself a new rod and let her learn on your old rod. If she really likes fly fishing then get her a rod that will best fit her style,

4. Default Re: learning rod

Quote Originally Posted by tightlines57 View Post
    Better yet, get yourself a new rod and let her learn on your old rod. If she really likes fly fishing then get her a rod that will best fit her style,

Sorry, but I think that is why there is less GIRL FRIENDS or WIFES fly fishing.
    When my husband and I started (many years ago) He built his first fly rod, I in turn got the Sage DS(one of the nice old ones). His broke so he took the sage and I ended up with a Pflueger. I hated that rod and therefore I hated fly fishing.
    Later I bought him a six piece Winston and I got the Sage back. I now loved FF cause this was the rod I originally picked.
    Since then I have made my own decision on all my gear and Now I guide, I teach etc.
    All I am saying, is if you want her to get into it, don't give her hand me downs, let her pick. Let her see the price.
    Remember, the better outfit the easier it will be to sell or even keep for yourself.

5. Default Re: learning rod

OK, I concede. Very good point Joni. Take her along and let her pick out her rod. Something she is comfortable with.

Re: learning rod

Quote Originally Posted by Joni View Post
    Remember, the better outfit the easier it will be to sell or even keep for yourself.
    Wait a minute, who sells their old rods, LOL? I have never sold a rod, they are like children or old friends. I kept ever the ones that are terriable to use or cast. Now, I have gave one away to my son but he had to qualify as an adoptive parant. Frank

7. Default Re: learning rod

*LOL* I know what you mean Frank! I still have every rod from when I was a kid on up till now. And I'm 35. I really need to part ways with all the spining gear I have that I don't use.
    Mitch

Give a man a fish, he will have dinner. Teach a man to fish and he will be late for dinner. Quote by Someone. *L*

Quote Originally Posted by Colorado Cajun View Post
    *LOL* I know what you mean Frank! I still have every rod from when I was a kid on up till now. And I'm 35. I really need to part ways with all the spining gear I have that I don't use.
    Hi Cajun, I live in Florida and have a ton of spinning and casting equipment. Sometimes the best tool for the job is not a Fly Rod. Can't belive I said that. Frank

9. Default Re: learning rod

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
    Wait a minute, who sells their old rods, LOL? I have never sold a rod, they are like children or old friends. I kept ever the ones that are terriable to use or cast. Now, I have gave one away to my son but he had to qualify as an adoptive parant. Frank

I kept ever the ones that are terriable to use or cast. How are you going to sell those! LOL
    I have sold several of the rods I just don't use much anymore. Basically cause they are fantastic rods and someone should use them.
    But, I don't have any inexpensive gear so to speak.
    I have sold a Power Matrix and a Trout Bum, plus the Sage I started on and that Pflueger is long gone.
    I gave my sister in law my custom built Silver Label 6wt. and my Trident TLS 4wt to my niece, both with the intentions of getting them interested in Fly Fishing. Don't know if that worked. I also gave my Nephew a Trident 10' 8wt and a Cabela's Stow-A-Way 4wt in exchange for a log bed.

Quote Originally Posted by Joni View Post
    I kept ever the ones that are terriable to use or cast. How are you going to sell those! LOL
    I have sold several of the rods I just don't use much anymore. Basically cause they are fantastic rods and someone should use them.
    But, I don't have any inexpensive gear so to speak.
    I have sold a Power Matrix and a Trout Bum, plus the Sage I started on and that Pflueger is long gone.
    I gave my sister in law my custom built Silver Label 6wt. and my Trident TLS 4wt to my niece, both with the intentions of getting them interested in Fly Fishing. Don't know if that worked. I also gave my Nephew a Trident 10' 8wt and a Cabela's Stow-A-Way 4wt in exchange for a log bed.
    Joni, some nice rods to be sure. I hope that "long bed" was a Pick-Up truck.-----Frank

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast