Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  15
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Fun with tailing loops!

Quote Originally Posted by swirlchaser View Post
    Don't get me wrong, we've had 40-50 fish days up there but the weather will shut you down completely some days. You have to be a serious die hard to approach those number.
    Serious Diehard or a pinhooker! Or possibly a bser. Either way who gives a c..p! Never counted except when pinhooking porgies and then it was 50cent 102 50cent 103 and so on. I know a spot right now where you could possibly have a 100 SB day but so what . The fish are all under 16 inches and it's just for fun!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

2. Default Re: Fun with tailing loops!

My point was, I have caught stripers on 3x and at least have a clue what I'm talking about, it was directed at TB's comments to me. I'll never think of doing a numbers thing again. Most of those fish were caught in the estuaries of Plum Island Sound in northern Mass. They were an abundant crop of 2 year olds and ranged from 14 to 18" . May, June, Sept. and Oct. were incredible. You could get one after another for hours on a good running, lower light tide. I also helped catch fish for biologists out of UNH and UMass. It was a pay gig. Went out for 14 hr. days and caught as many as possible in certain size slots, so they could have radio tags implanted in some, fin tags and scale and stomach samples for others. I fish the Hudson(amongst many other places) and get far fewer but much larger fish. Who f.....ng cares? I don't. People make a lot of f'ed up assumptions. By the way Turbine, To get a FFF casting certification you have to be able to intentionally produce tailing loops. You were somewhat on the right track with your thread. Sorry it got derailed, but the sarcastic sh!t will do it every time. I see that's the nature of this forum, though. I'd say it's been fun, but it really hasn't. Take care.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123