Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  8
  1. Default Film: Presentation techniques for trout

Hi. Here's a video where we show the different presentation techniques we use when fishing trout.

It's in Norwegian, but the text show when it's mending, air mending, snake-rolls, spey, sikk-sakk etc.

Film:

2. Likes N/A, madjoni, mcnerney, Ard, double d liked this post
    turbineblade Guest

Default Re: Film: Presentation techniques for trout

I've seen that guy before -- I love SH spey casting, so this is entertaining for me to watch. It makes me excited about doing more spey casts with my 5-weight.

Actually, I find myself spending more and more time doing spey casts with my SH rods when trout fishing. There is just so much advantage to it when you need to not tangle nymph and 2-fly rigs, etc. not to mention stuff behind you.

4. Default Re: Film: Presentation techniques for trout

Less scenic, and because my Norwegian isn't up to scratch :

[ame=http://vimeo.com/80528240]iGhillie 7 - Fly Casting techniques for small Westcountry Rivers on Vimeo[/ame]

regards

Vince

5. Likes Ard liked this post
    Blog Entries

Wow, that guy can cast! I wish it was in English so I could hear what he is saying. Thanks for sharing.

Larry

---------- Post added at 02:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vgb View Post
    Less scenic, and because my Norwegian isn't up to scratch :

regards

Vince
    Vince

That was awesome, thanks! I definitely need to watch that video a couple more times to get everything out of it.

Larry
    Larry

Blog Entries

Both are giving a good look at what I think is the most important asset of the Spey type casts. Notice how relaxed the casters are. They are not struggling or thrashing about in the least.

My transition to 2 hand rods was simplified by the fact that I fished streamers in the fashion the men demonstrate for many years prior to ever seeing a 13 or 15 foot rod. ow after spending years casting 2 hand rods I find it hard to 'not' use Spey style casts even when I use my 6' 3" rod.

I do believe that for most single hand casting a medium action rod will make the learning curve less steep. Once you've got it down you'll do it with any rod easily.

Good videos, both!

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

8. Likes mcnerney liked this post
  9. Default Re: Film: Presentation techniques for trout

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    Both are giving a good look at what I think is the most important asset of the Spey type casts. Notice how relaxed the casters are. They are not struggling or thrashing about in the least.
    Absolutely agree. I put myself in the slow improver category and getting the tempo right has resulted in the biggest step change in improvement for me. I need to practice enough to get it grooved in but already I am finding I have more time to look at details when I am casting, such as getting my hand higher at the set position.

10. Likes mcnerney liked this post