Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite cast

Truckee, CA.
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Favorite cast

Lately, it's been a Snap-T with a big dry, on my switch rod.........

Fishing is just about fish to me, it's about connections beyond counting.
    The fish and I are connected by more than a line........

2. Likes rangerrich99 liked this post
    Kincardine, Ontario

Snake rolls on the spey and super accurate casts with the 3 weight in a tiny creek that would leave you snagged if your were inches off in either direction.

4. Likes bumble54, leftytyro liked this post

One of my "best" casts was figuring out this puzzle and making a difficult cast on the first try. Give a try at solving it before looking at the answer.

Solve the puzzle

"Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought"..........Szent-Gyorgy

My best or at least most accurate cast was when I was hiking with my buddy on the Norwegian mountains.

I was trying to figure out what fly to put on and getting ready to start the days fishing when I noticed my friend kneeling by our tent entrance his butt crack shining. I didn't have a fly on my leader so I decided to teach him a lesson.

After that he wore a belt on his pants.

7. Likes el jefe, pnc, brownbass liked this post
  8. Default Re: Favorite cast

Any cast that I feel happy with. Doesn't matter if I don't catch a fish. I am more depressed when I cast badly and catch fish than the other way around.

Anthem, AZ
    Blog Entries

I've been fooling around with various single-hand spey casts for a few years now, so my 'favorite' cast is kind of work in progress. Right now I'm finding a lot of uses for either a 'snap-T' cast or a 'snake roll' cast. If I had to pick just one, I guess right now I'd pick the Snake roll, just because it's a lot of fun once you figure it out, allows you to change direction easily, doesn't need any room for a backcast, and finally you can cast either small dries or heavy double-nymph weighted rigs without worrying about getting whacked in the back of the head.

And it's a lot of fun. Had to mention that twice.
    "Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land. It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn." ~Chuck Clark

10. Likes Bigfly liked this post

I read about the snake roll a while ago and that sure is a fun move to do, even if it is meant for two handed rods.

My favorite overall is fishing a river with a downed tree that I KNOW has bass around behind, with only a tight window to hit to get there. Threading a streamer through a window in the branches to the perfect spot always makes me smile, even if the fish weren’t interested. Nothing sweeter than watching that loop unroll with only inches to spare.

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

With little exception I'm using a 2hander: "Perry Poke"
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12