Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Amazing and Beautiful Casting

Found this on another website and thought I would share -- amazing and beautiful casting by Jeong Park -- check out this video YouTube - Woman Fly casting
    "Fly fishing is solitary, contemplative, misanthropic, scientific in some hands, poetic in others, and laced with aesthetic considerations. It's not even clear if catching fish is actually the point." -John Gierach

Default Re: Amazing and Beautiful Casting

There is also this video YouTube - Spey girl

I like this quote from the website of Alex Ivanovic's website, http://www.alexivanovic.com/, that speaks to both Jeong Park and Alex's wife, Jelena AKA Speygirl:

"There is no more graceful and healthful accomplishment for a lady than fly fishing, and there is no reason why a lady should not in evey respect rival a gentleman in the gentle art."
    "Fly fishing is solitary, contemplative, misanthropic, scientific in some hands, poetic in others, and laced with aesthetic considerations. It's not even clear if catching fish is actually the point." -John Gierach

Beautiful. Especially for a newb like me. Thanks for sharing that.

Another link to more of Jeong Park, YouTube - Woman Spey caster

Makes me feel like a shmuck! all thoses casts I try to fight my way through, knowing i shouldn't have to throw as hard as I do... Great to watch though
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

Geez!!! I go and watch the U.T. video and I spend an hour there watching people cast. That was kinda fun.

Quote Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
    Geez!!! I go and watch the U.T. video and I spend an hour there watching people cast. That was kinda fun.
    I've become a YouTube addict!!!! I do a daily search for
    new FF'ing videos, especially when it's 15 degrees outside.......

Both the gals mentioned earlier were very good casters.
    And I will never tire of watching Lefty Kreh. The man encompasses all that is right with our sport.

just good stuff!
    Dave Watts
    dmwphoto@mac.com

To me, the journey of learning is almost more fun than arriving at the destination of knowing.

10. Default Re: Amazing and Beautiful Casting

So it's supposed to be that effortless?!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast