Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Default Can Anyon give a complete newbie advice??

I would greatly appreciate it, thanks.

Default Re: Can Anyon give a complete newbie advice??

im a newbie to fly fishing too been once or twice and buying my own gear atm. i found these videos on youtube which seem to be helpful, kinda old though. theres about 30 of them going over casting, the river, tackle, and much more.

Is Anyon Gweneth Paltrow's latest child?

For fly fishing help, our FAQ and Search features will be quite helpful.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

4. Default Re: Can Anyon give a complete newbie advice??

Quote Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
    Is Anyon Gweneth Paltrow's latest child?

For fly fishing help, our FAQ and Search features will be quite helpful.

Check out your local library for some books, talk to the people at your local fly shop, read as many threads on here as humanly possible as this site is full of useful info and don't post pics of dead fish.
    Check out thew best page on Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/groups/383970318419257/

There are a ton of people on here that are more than willing to help out a newbie. What is it though you would like help with? You need to be more specific.

Cheers,
    Doc
    "What a tourist terms a plague of insects, the fly angler calls a great hatch".
    Doc's Ol' Blog House
    AlbertaStillwaters.Com

Lots of resources on the net for newbie fly fishers -- including this forum -- but you do need to be more specific in what you need info on -- if you're looking for general info on casting etc. I would suggest you check out some of the links on my blog (link at bottom of this post) -- not that my blog is neccessarily outstanding in content (just the ramblings of a certifiable trout bum LOL LOL) but I have tried to create what I hope is a pretty good list on various subjects dealing with fly fishing including links on casting, fly tying, etc. plus links to other helpful forums just like this -- not to mention other very well written blogs (as opposed to mine own attempt LOL LOL) and sites on all things generally fly fishing -- think last count I was up over 300 links so you might find something of help

I do apologize if this seems like a shameless plug -- wasn't meant that way

Tight Lines,
    Mike
    "Fly fishing is solitary, contemplative, misanthropic, scientific in some hands, poetic in others, and laced with aesthetic considerations. It's not even clear if catching fish is actually the point." -John Gierach

You'll get a lot of help here, but you need to tell us a bit more- what are you fishing for, where are you located? What questions do you have? If you're looking for gear recommendations it'd be helpful to let us know what your fishing for and an approximate budget.

There are a lot of good books that will give you an over view of fly fishing (LL Bean and Orvis have intro guides, even the "dummy intro to fly fishing" gives a pretty good overview, and there should be something in your local library or through the interloan program from other branches if your local one doesn't have one. And there's a ton of stuff in the FAQs section and past threads here.

There's also a ton of resources on the web. Google "fly fishing 101" for some basic info. For some free casting vids google "youtube tight lines fly casting part one" (for the first of a 3 part series)

Your best source of hands on help will be a fly fishing buddy, local fly shop or fly fishing club. They can help you get started in fly casting and coach you along, help with where to go, and get you going. But you'll also get a lot of helpful advice here if you can be a little more specific.

mark

9. Default Re: Can Anyon give a complete newbie advice??

Quote Originally Posted by mac. View Post
    im a newbie to fly fishing too been once or twice and buying my own gear atm. i found these videos on youtube which seem to be helpful, kinda old though. theres about 30 of them going over casting, the river, tackle, and much more.
    This helped me a great deal too.

I've seen the videos mentioned above, but this shorter series will get you
    casting quickly: YouTube - Tight Lines-Learning to Fly Cast Part 1

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast