Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  65
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: First Concerts

Default Re: First Concerts

Quote Originally Posted by markg52 View Post
    I could potentially lose my man card over this one. I was probably 10 or 11,early 70's, and my mom and her youngest sister, my aunt, hauled me and my cousins to Barton Coliseum in Little Rock to see.....The Osmond's. First show with no parents was also at Barton, mid 70's, I'm now 14-15, ZZ Top. I missed probably half the show because of being freaked out by all those funny little cigarettes people were smoking, hated being around smoking period, and these were being smoked everywhere. Took forever to get that smell out of my brand new football letter jacket. Latest show was last Tuesday night, June 26. REO and Chicago at the AMP in Rogers Arkansas. Great show. Bunch of old dudes that can still rock out, my 32 yo daughter was thoroughly impressed.
    Ok the Osmonds was a rough start but you made up for it later. Chicago is on the list of bands I wish I had seen live. I haven't verified it but am told every original member of the group had a masters in music. Maybe not true but it clearly wasn't a couple kids straight out of the garage. Their music is pretty complex for soft rock IMO.

Since you confessed, my mother asked me to take my baby sister to a Rick Springfield concert. Back when he was dreamy and just off General Hospital soap opera. I was driving so at least 16 yrs old. My sis brought along some 12 year old girl friends. It was very memorable and she can't live long enough to make up for that sacrifice. I would have died if my friends knew back then.

2. Likes stenacron, markg52, ejsell liked this post

Foghat in 77? Best may be the kinks or little feat. John Prine was fun.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Chicago (Transit Authority) was one heavy rock band back before their guitarist Terry Kath died.
    That boy could play and they were as far from soft rock as you could get.

I worked at a concert venue during the summer that I was 16
    The Dead (with the wall of sound), Jefferson Airplane, Faces (w/ Rod Stewart) Yes, Allman Brothers, Kinks/Doors/Beach Boys
    More than I can remember. At least 2 shows a week.
    The Eagles were on their first tour and were the opening act twice

The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

5. Likes kentuckysteve, stenacron liked this post

My parents took me to see John Denver when I was 4. I don't really remember it. When I was 13 I saw Huey Lewis and the News. I redeemed myself a week later sneaking out of my house to see the Beastie Boys and Run DMC on the Raising Hell Tour.
    Montani Semper Liberi

www.cheat.org

7. Likes stenacron, mcnerney liked this post

Just took my 9 year old to his first concert as a birthday present a few weeks ago. The Barenaked Ladies at our local zoo. I figured I couldn't go wrong with that. The first "real" concert I remember going to was either the Counting Crows or Modest Mouse in the late 90's or early 2000's. The best concert I've been to was this year at the Ommegang Brewery in Cooperstown to see Nathaniel Rateliff and the Night Sweats. Great venue and great band. Also a really nice guy, we ran into him and the band on the street outside the Hall of Fame before the concert and he took some time to shake our hands and talk to us.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Last edited by ejsell; 07-28-2018 at 06:23 AM.

Back in the 70's, The Allman Brothers played in Golden New Mexico.

Krokus, opening band was Michael Bolton ( he started out trying to be a rocker). This first concert was very soon followed by Def Leppard and the Scorpions

My first concert was Led Zeppelin at the Boston Garden in Oct 1969, they were my second concert as well two years later.

I went at the prompting of my buddy who'd seen them at the Boston Tea Party in January of '69. Here's a scan of his photo from the tea Party show. It was a very small hall and he was right up front.

12. Likes MarsB, kentuckysteve, stenacron liked this post

My first was the AC/DC Who Made Who tour in Little Rock, AR in 1986. Angus Young was sitting on top of Brian Johnson’s shoulders as they rose up on an elevator onto the stage playing Who Made Who. I was sitting maybe 50’ away and elevated above the stage. Queensryche opened up for them. It was a hard rocking concert.

14. Likes kentuckysteve, stenacron liked this post

My first concert was Ted Nugent and the Amboy Dukes 1971. Still one of my all time favorite songs.

Every book is a children's book if the kid can read. - Mitch Hedberg RIP

16. Likes ejsell liked this post
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234