Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  76
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: First Concerts

Default Re: First Concerts

When I was 7 or 8, I got sent to a concert with a bunch of neighborhood kids. We went to see "The Monkees". They had a relatively unknown opening act. A guy by the name of Jimi Hendrix.
    Since then I have seen just about every major act of the 70's
    Led Zeppelin (twice)
    The Stones (twice)
    The Who (twice)
    Black Sabbath (once with Ozzy and once with Ronnie James Dio)
    Bad Company (3-4 times)
    The Grateful Dead (30+ times)
    Yes (3 times)
    Queen (3 times)
    Pink Floyd (Once Animals Tour)
    Kansas (5 times)
    Ted Nugent (lost count)
    KISS (1st time opening for Blue Oyster Cult and twice after that)
    Deep Purple, MKII (Once)
    Boston
    Aerosmith (twice and walked out both times)
    REO Speedwagon
    Head East
    Lynyrd Skynyrd
    ELO
    Little Feat
    Jimmy Buffett (a million times)
    Theres a ton more that I would remember if I thought about it.

2. Likes ejsell, ggriffi, photoguy liked this post

My first real concert goes all the way back to '07 . I was 17 and the band was TOOL, it was a year after their 10000 days album was released. Man that show was awesome. Been to quite a few concerts since, but haven't had a chance to go see TOOL again. They are releasing another album at the end of this month(first in 13 years!) so fingers crossed they will come back to Ontario in the next year! I've had lots of time to delve into their older music a whole lot more, and have a much greater appreciation for it now.
    Danny

4. Likes ejsell liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by huronfly View Post
    My first real concert goes all the way back to '07 . I was 17 and the band was TOOL, it was a year after their 10000 days album was released. Man that show was awesome. Been to quite a few concerts since, but haven't had a chance to go see TOOL again. They are releasing another album at the end of this month(first in 13 years!) so fingers crossed they will come back to Ontario in the next year! I've had lots of time to delve into their older music a whole lot more, and have a much greater appreciation for it now.
    Nice! They just started streaming their music a couple weeks ago.

BTW, my first real concert was Page & Plant probably around 1998. Great show, would have loved to see Zep back in the day.

6. Likes ejsell liked this post

Just watched one of the Woodstock documentaries this weekend on netflix in honor of the 50th anniversary. I'm surprised that wasn't anyones response. I know one person who was there and I'm pretty sure I spotted him in the documentary.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

8. Likes ggriffi liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by ejsell View Post
    Just watched one of the Woodstock documentaries this weekend on netflix in honor of the 50th anniversary. I'm surprised that wasn't anyones response. I know one person who was there and I'm pretty sure I spotted him in the documentary.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    I was 13 at the time living in Missouri didn't really know anything about Woodstock or concerts for that matter. But I did know music and I bought my first rock album that weekend. Led Zeppelin II
    Every book is a children's book if the kid can read. - Mitch Hedberg RIP

10. Likes ejsell liked this post

I will never forget the Stevie Ray Vaughn concert I went to. It was kind of a last minute decision to go, I am the kind of person that doesnt normally do that kind of stuff, spur of the moment. So glad I went....

12. Likes photoguy, ejsell liked this post
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345