Before and After

k_e_v

Reaction score
Farmington, ill. -Stop by for a cold beer on your
Okay, So i am going to go off the board a bit but it is in the Juke Box thread;)
The wife and I have become obsessed with this cover of the Simon and Garfunkel classic "Sound of Silence". Any thoughts? We are just amazed at how powerful it is and share the thoughts of Paul Simon and think it is awesome. If you haven't heard the newer version give it a try, it really kicks in at the end:drum:

kev

YouTube

YouTube

nevadanstig

Reaction score
I love it. Possibly one of the best covers done by any metal/hard rock band, ever.
Now, if we can just get the rest of those bands to STOP making covers and ruining songs we'd be perfect (looking at you 5fdp and bad wolves).

Sent from my SM-T237P using Tapatalk

mikechell

Reaction score
Nope ... just can't get into it.
There are many songs that don't need a "cover", and "The Sound of Silence" is one of them.

Lewis Chessman

Reaction score
Thanks, but I'll stick with S & G. He has a strong voice but I find his aspirational 'h' on open vowels really off-putting, i.e. ''with-how-owt' for 'without'', ''ma-ha-ite'' for 'might', ''I-hit's'' for 'its', even ''hov'' for 'of'.

Having said that, I've often found that it's the version I hear and like first which I prefer, regardless of whether it's a cover or the original.