Warren Zevon

duker

Reaction score
"Lawyers, Guns and Money" is permanently on my roadtrip playlist.

I always keep his parting words in mind.

RIP Warren.

fr8dog

Reaction score
I really like most of his stuff. Don't know how I missed this one. Time for another 'Zevonathon' tomorrow. Guess he was right. His "stuff" was "messed" up. Life'll Kill Ya.

Upstate08

Reaction score
Warren would often sit in for Paul Schafer as musical director on Letterman’s show. It always made for great television, and music, when he did. @LePetomane The album you want is called Excitable Boy. As mentioned above, not a bad tune on either side.

Last edited:

Nonno

Very Jaded Member
Reaction score
Warren would often sit in for Paul Schafer as musical director on Letterman’s show. It always made for great television, and music, when he did. @LePetomane The album you want is called Excitable Boy. As mentioned above, not a bad tune on either side.
That's the album I have, luckily it's a CD, if it was a LP it would be worn out.

burkie

Reaction score
Huh!
Oh, where can a bum find bed and board?
When you gonna make it stop rainin', Lord?

Last edited:

Meuniere

Reaction score
He was so damn good, as a songwriter and as a musician, but drink did him in. I was lucky enough to see him three times, each was incredibly fun. His compositions were so unique that some people overlook his ability, both on keyboards but especially on guitar. There's a bit from one of the videos of him playing live at a Boston Metro subway station (actually they are all worth watching, but...) where I think on the tune "Boom Boom Mancini" he does things on that guitar that are just astounding. But man, did he drink...

PS - was a challenge for his wife/partner, Crystal Zevon, who wrote a great book about the whole mess, "I'll Sleep When I'm Dead."