Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shell Shocked!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Shell Shocked!

Bump. Seems like old times... just a week earlier this year! milt.

Blog Entries

I suspect part of the reason for the timing is the scheduled change to (crappy) winter gas at the refineries. They have to shut down a bit and retool for the change. That allows them to create a shortage and charge more. They move the bar on the supply/demand curve as they wish to create pricing impact. seems like every time gas sneaks up on $4.00 there have been some sort of "scheduled maintenance" at the refineries.

I'm in a bad mood. sorry

-Mike

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Well partly true; remember most of the refineries but their 'stuff' on the open market and pay the 'going price.' THAT SAID! I was floored to read that we're EXPORTING excess production!

The 'Greater We' can't afford to purchase what can be produced so off it goes somewhere else.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

4.25 for regular unleaded in far-nor-cal.
    Looks like I am going to be fishing closer to home in the future.
    -Carl

Steelheader's Anonymous.

We don't have sales tax here.. so the price is a little lower than most.. just went to $3.09 (who knows could be higher today), and I know I'll see this in 3 month and wish for 'the good old days'
    Dave

com on guys
    You are still paying much less for gasoline than we do and in same time you earn much more...

Blog Entries

This link came from Yahoo, so it must have the answer.

Angry About High Gas Prices? Blame Shuttered Oil Refineries - Yahoo! Finance

Quote Originally Posted by mikel View Post
    This link came from Yahoo, so it must have the answer.

Angry About High Gas Prices? Blame Shuttered Oil Refineries - Yahoo! Finance

That's a good article, those same states are incapable of building new refineries due to their environmental laws. Won't be long before a bill is passed raising the gas taxes on the country to subsidize a lower cost for these states.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Certain people with a certain view of the world we won't mention here have managed to block the building of every refinery since 1973. The current energy secretary, who seems to hate energy, thinks we should have gas prices up around 7 or 8 dollars a gallon. Remeber all the times when those previously mentioned blocked stuff to bring the prices down for the last decade saying "It won't effect prices for 5 years"? Well it's been more than 5 years, thanks for that by the way, and they are still saying it.

I owned a 1/3 of a little two pumper station while in HS, at one point we had a gas war price of 14 cents, filled up yesterday for 4.49 per, $76.00 for a tank.

Rick

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast