Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: Shell Shocked!

  1. #21

    Default Re: Shell Shocked!

    Like dhayden said I imagine we will look back at 4.00$ a gallon as the good old days in the not far distant future or at least younger generations will.

    And in all reality I in many ways agree with the current energy secretary that Dan mentioned. Yes you heard that right but likely for different reasons.

    8 Bucks a gallon would sure help people realize the need for alternative energies and perhaps get the ball rolling a bit faster.

    Unfortunately I am afraid I will get what I ask for and then my fishing days will be cut in half, but the time must come when dramatic changes are made and not just pushed onto future generations.

    We could keep pushing it back and let our children or their children deal with it as has been done in the past already but regardless at some point (like long ago) we will need to wake up to the fact that we are dealing with a limited resource.

    In actuality I don't "want" to see gas prices go that high, I don't think anyone does. I would rather just see alternative options to alleviate the dependency we have on oil for transportation.
    I saw gas at 3.33$ this morning I think that is up 33cents or so from last week, but it wont surprise me one bit to see 5+ later this year.

    It will be interesting to pull this thread up in 10 or 20+ years

    Touchy subject for me sorry guys I realize I may be on my own here.

    Cheers,
    Watson

  2. #22

    Default Re: Shell Shocked!

    It is a understandably touchy subject and who doesn't want alternative energy. The problems lies in the fact that nothing has been invented to replace oil or gas economically. The most sensible thing the country could do at the moment is to start converting cars to run on natural gas. We have a natural gas filling station nearby and the dollar per gallon equivalent cost is $1.50...that's right $1.50/gallon. Some of the factory installed nat gas fuel tanks are getting as low as $4,000.00, it's a great option but until our political leaders can figure out a way to get their hands on the money to be made, it will go nowhere.

    Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

    Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

  3. #23

    Default Re: Shell Shocked!

    Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    It is a understandably touchy subject and who doesn't want alternative energy.
    Dave you are absolutely correct from what little I know.
    but I doubt the oil companies are stoked for alternative energy and I'm guessing they have some persuasion in politics/government.

    Possibly why we paved over railways and trolleys and made freeways throughout the country.

    My bad controversial subjects are a weakness of mine I apologies for contributing to pointing this thread in that direction.

    Take if for what it is, just my opinion

    The fact of the matter is this whole oil debacle is going to really damper my number of days on the water if it continues in this way and that would be a bummer.

    Peace,
    Watson

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: Shell Shocked!

    Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    The most sensible thing the country could do at the moment is to start converting cars to run on natural gas. We have a natural gas filling station nearby and the dollar per gallon equivalent cost is $1.50...that's right $1.50/gallon. Some of the factory installed nat gas fuel tanks are getting as low as $4,000.00, it's a great option but until our political leaders can figure out a way to get their hands on the money to be made, it will go nowhere.

    Dave
    Hi Dave,
    that was trend here 10-12 years ago and many cars converted to natural gas and price of driving those cars were much smaller than cars on diesel fuel,2 or 3 times cheaper than petrol.....but price of gas rosed over years and now if you want to drive 100km you need same amount of money for gas or diesel....

  5. #25

    Default Re: Shell Shocked!

    Quote Originally Posted by madjoni View Post
    Hi Dave,
    that was trend here 10-12 years ago and many cars converted to natural gas and price of driving those cars were much smaller than cars on diesel fuel,2 or 3 times cheaper than petrol.....but price of gas rosed over years and now if you want to drive 100km you need same amount of money for gas or diesel....

    Hope you still have an old nat gas burner because horizontal drilling is headed your way...

    Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

    Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

  6. #26

    Default Re: Shell Shocked!

    Quote Originally Posted by Diver Dan View Post
    You may not be aware, but the oil companies make less profit from a gallon of gas than just about anyone else involved.
    Right on Dan...Its really easy to hate BP etc., when the 'crats of all kinds make a parade out of how much profit these companies make. Its really the 'crats of all kinds that are hosing us...the taxes on oil are far greater than any private profits earned.

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Montenegro
    Posts
    1,093

    Default Re: Shell Shocked!

    Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    Hope you still have an old nat gas burner because horizontal drilling is headed your way...

    Dave
    I dont have it...I love one uncommon sound to american ears ... the sound of diesel engine

    But,I do think that in 15-20 years from now most of us here and you there will go fishing on bike

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. Light weight Rain Shell
    By Tracker12 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 07-21-2010, 06:28 PM
  2. The Soft Shell CrayFish and Hard Shell Cray Fish
    By FlySlinger in forum Share Patterns
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-17-2010, 09:25 AM
  3. The Headwaters in BC in danger of Shell Co.
    By flyguyvr4 in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03-30-2010, 07:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •