Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: So....

Default So....

What's everyone's Libations of choice?

Me? I prefer a good Pale Ale, or IPA, or ESB when I'm looking for refreshment.

When the weather turns cold, I turn towards a nice single malt scotch-- (Oban as a 'budget' choice, Lagavalin for the special occasions.)

Default Re: So....

Just kiddin'
    I make a good deal of my own.....20 plus years
    Homebrew, country wines, and more recently something a little stronger
    I'm not a snob about it though
    I'll drink Ezra Williams bourbon and Miller High Life just as often as anything else
    The simpler the outfit, the more skill it takes to manage it, and the more pleasure one gets in his achievements. --- Horace Kephart

I am most definitely a snob about my drink.

Actually, I don't really know what constitutes a snob? I don't pass judgment on those who are drinking something other than what I prefer. Nor do I ***** and moan when I am drinking something else-- (For example: A guy's weekend away and we have 'community' coolers usually full of Michelob Lite/ Bud light- etc.)

But, If I had my 'druthers, I'druther a pale ale. That is all.

I do have a friend who home-makes wine.... And by wine, I mean the strongest, meanest intoxication method I've ever had.....

Homebrewing is something I would like to get into-- Although, since I like hops I suspect I would make a reeeaaaalllllyyy bad beer and just cover how awful it is with bitters.

For me it depends on time of year and location. When it's chilly, or when I'm out west, I tend to drink dark beers- mostly porters and stouts. During the hot, humid summers we have here, I prefer unfiltered wheat, Pale Ales, or Belgian style beers.

I like midrange bourbon, lower proof bourbon (80 proof suits me well). Basil Hayden's and Four Roses being too of my favorites. I drank too much of the cheap stuff in college, and just a whiff of the stuff gets me gagging.

As far as wine, I dig blackberry- the dark, locally made stuff that etches purple streaks in the enamel of your teeth

I like all sorts of great beers, ranging from New Belgium's Mothership Wit to Stone's Arrogant *******. I also will drink cheap stuff when available, but I completely fail to understand why Bud Light is the top selling beer in the country.

For bourbon, I love Knob Creek but usually buy and enjoy Weller, for Scotch I'm big on Aberlour 15 but generally buy Famous Grouse.

I enjoy lots of wines, but rarely chardonnay's or merlot's. Spanish reds and shiraz blends tend to appeal most.
    http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-..._1276302_n.jpg

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.

Ah for cheap, mass-produced beer, I'll take a Stag. Or Milwaukee's Best : )