Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  256
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: The Photography Chat Thread;

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Photography Chat Thread;

I know that some of the guys are using them but I'm not sure which ones. I think Yatahey is using an Olympus.

I have wanted a small 10 MP camera for a while but few have a view finder, most are the 'view via the display screen on the back. I don't like that, way too used to looking through a finder.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

2. Default Re: The Photography Chat Thread;

I have a Pentax Optio W80. It doesn't have Manual capability for exposure, it does have a manual focus option.
    I don't know of any P&S U/W cameras that are manual exposure capable. That would be nice to have control over aperture and shutter speed.
    There was another thread that asked "how do you carry your camera" that I didn't reply to, so here is how I carry my P&S. I got a thumb drive that came with a quick release lanyard that you can wear around your neck. I put it on the W80. It's great having it so handy and the quick release makes it easy to take off for shooting things that you can't shoot with just the lanyard around your neck.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    I know that some of the guys are using them but I'm not sure which ones. I think Yatahey is using an Olympus.

I have wanted a small 10 MP camera for a while but few have a view finder, most are the 'view via the display screen on the back. I don't like that, way too used to looking through a finder.
    I am that way for shooting video, But my cams I do video with have no playback nor a viewfinder, so its a shot in the dark till you upload at the end of the day. the new gopro I want I will be getting the lcd screen withthe good water housing, this way I can shoot stills and video above and below water. the thing I dont get with small water sports rigs like the kodaks and such is that non of them have a lens cover.. so you have to watch out for smudging. the old p-s cams have the automatic flip covers built in... or just a slider.. oh well. the geeks behind the building dont take all the uses into consideration Im sure. I like the quick release idea, I have a few things to make that work.

ok I have to bring this back to life in here, Anyone thinking of getting a wide angle lense, this is one reason to do so. I took this just before sunset from an overlook at the park I fish at, the shot is looking over the Ohio River toward Southern Indiana. I hope to get some shots here when the sun sets further north over the river. enjoy.

PS I really wish I could share the Higher res with you, it makes it so much better
    Mike

5. Likes bent crosshairs liked this post
    Blog Entries

That's a beautiful picture Mike. Have you ever experimented with the photo-combination feature on Adobe? I've seen it, but haven't messed with it yet. And somewhat related, I hope I can fish with you sometime soon! I should be in Louisville some time in the next month, we'll see if the fiancee allows me any free time!
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Blog Entries

Mike,

What lens is that?

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

gater, sounds good, just shoot me a message. what is this photo- combonation thing you speak of? I have the old aps 7 from 2001, yes i need to upgrade..
    . the Lense is a sigma 10-20mm F4-5.6 EX DC SLD Glass so far I have had alot of fun with it for neat effect shots and views like that over the river that can only be seen corectly in wide angle. and this simga is way nicer then the canon 10-20mm and almost half the price....
    mike

Blog Entries

Adobe Elements has a photo combination feature which detects similar elements within photos in order to combine them. I'll take a series of photos soon and try the feature and give you a report back!
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Blog Entries

OK, I've been looking at that lens for my camera. Did you enlarge and crop the shot you posted before you placed it here?

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    OK, I've been looking at that lens for my camera. Did you enlarge and crop the shot you posted before you placed it here?
    that is the crop form the camera, only thing I did was a saturation and sharpness adjustment. I thing this spot might be a cool sunrise, i may try for that soon.. since ill have to wait till june or july of next year to get the sun setting on the river. I say go for it, its a hard glass to beat for the money. the canon model feels like a kit lense and costs to much. the tamron would be ok too,, I use photography on the net forum for reviews along with dpreview, but the sigma is a winner for sure.
    mike

ps, I did have a polarizer on for this shot to darken the sky and fade the water glare.

Page 3 of 57 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast