Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  256
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast

Thread: The Photography Chat Thread;

Blog Entries

Default Re: The Photography Chat Thread;

I finally took some pictures with the 10 - 20 Sigma this is a sample shot, I like it

Landscape style;

And a portrait shot;

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

The Aurora shots were done at or between 5 seconds and 2.5 seconds depending on the intensity of the display. Because my lens has a minimum 4.0 aperture I had to shoot slow and raise the iso to 800.

I'm going shopping for them tonight again.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

3. Likes kayo, stimulator2, madjoni liked this post

you might try a f8 or 9 at a longer expo and lower ISO. worth a try. I have done lightening this way and it seems to get rid of the atmospheric haze a bit. stay warm! look forward to more pics

Blog Entries

What I need is a 2.8 that'll shoot around 14 mm. If I had the wider aperture I could shoot a faster shutter and capture the motion better. These displays come on like a wave and then they sweep across the sky fairly quickly. This movement is what causes the blur in the photos.

I'm going to give it a go tonight but must decide on where I'm going to shoot from. Some snowshoeing would put me in a much better spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    What I need is a 2.8 that'll shoot around 14 mm. If I had the wider aperture I could shoot a faster shutter and capture the motion better. These displays come on like a wave and then they sweep across the sky fairly quickly. This movement is what causes the blur in the photos.

I'm going to give it a go tonight but must decide on where I'm going to shoot from. Some snowshoeing would put me in a much better spot.
    nothing but envy from me., thought you got the 10-20mm sigma??

Blog Entries

I did. It is a 10 - 20 mm 4-5.6 lens. I will be watching for an old 10 - 17 mm Nikkor next fall for this specific situation. An old lens for the film cameras will work fine. Auto focus does not matter because you ste the lens just below infinity and open up the aperture to shoot. The faster the better is the way it looks to me. I'm going to see how I can do at iso 600 tonight and also at 1000.

Quote Originally Posted by Hardyreels View Post
    I did. It is a 10 - 20 mm 4-5.6 lens. I will be watching for an old 10 - 17 mm Nikkor next fall for this specific situation. An old lens for the film cameras will work fine. Auto focus does not matter because you ste the lens just below infinity and open up the aperture to shoot. The faster the better is the way it looks to me. I'm going to see how I can do at iso 600 tonight and also at 1000.
    you get rid of the sigma? I really like mine.

Anyone have any experience with this sigma lens? thinking about adding it too my kit. Maybe.
    Sigma W/A 24mm f/1.8 EX Aspherical DG DF Macro AF Lens 432306
    -Carl

Steelheader's Anonymous.

Blog Entries

Hi Carl,

Not with this particular Sigma but...................... I have the 2.8 50 mm macro and it takes outstanding images. I got a 10 - 20 Sigma last year and thus far it is doing what I expected, the image quality is good.

The speed of this lens tells me that it should excel at many things and since it is a Sigma I would expect excellent image quality from it. Couple all that with your talents and you will be a star with it.

11. Likes mbphotos54 liked this post
    Blog Entries

Hey Guy's,

I figured you would spot this, those pictures of the mossy stream were done with the Sigma 10 - 20 mm and I had little light so there was no filter used, below is another. Do any of you notice a loss of sharpness in the photos you post here? The picture here is very clear and crisp when viewed on the computer in the Nikon program I use for storage. However when I copy them to Photo bucket and then past the url to here they look terrible..........

13. Likes madjoni liked this post
Page 30 of 57 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240 ... LastLast