Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  35
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Pipe Smokers

Default the most important table in my house

While I wasn't looking, someone appears to have cluttered it up a bit.
    [IMG][/IMG]

2. Likes hairwing530, fredaevans liked this post
  3. Default Re: the most important table in my house

Quote Originally Posted by gt05254 View Post
    While I wasn't looking, someone appears to have cluttered it up a bit.
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Beautiful! Who could ask for better "clutter"?

4. Likes siege, hairwing530, fredaevans liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Pipe Smokers

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    I have always thought a pipe looked cool but by the time I hit college, everybody was using a bong.
    Now that's a classic post Dave I'll keep an eye peeled for someone standing at the head of a nice run with an 18" plexiglas bong slung over his shoulder If you're gonna see it, you'll see it here in the Valley..........

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

6. Likes hairwing530, fyshstykr liked this post

They just seem to go together.
    The best way to a fisherman's heart is through his fly.

8. Likes hairwing530 liked this post

I've been an off and on cigarette smoker for...way too long. When I am off I usually turn to the pipe just ease the withdrawals in the evening. I'm going on a couple weeks of nearly cold turkey and it's been remarkably easy (staying away from certain friends helps too!), so I haven't wanted to ruin it.

But I certainly do enjoy a nice pipe on occasion, the local smoke shop makes a blend called "Wild West"...mellow sweetness and mild smoke...

I have never turned onto cigars but have thought that it would be a good compromise from the cigs (evil cigs, so good and so bad...). Because out fishing is one of the hardest times for me to not smoke. Any suggestions on a good mild cigar? Seems like most of you enjoy them.

Quote Originally Posted by dean_mt View Post
    I've been an off and on cigarette smoker for...way too long. When I am off I usually turn to the pipe just ease the withdrawals in the evening. I'm going on a couple weeks of nearly cold turkey and it's been remarkably easy (staying away from certain friends helps too!), so I haven't wanted to ruin it.

But I certainly do enjoy a nice pipe on occasion, the local smoke shop makes a blend called "Wild West"...mellow sweetness and mild smoke...

I have never turned onto cigars but have thought that it would be a good compromise from the cigs (evil cigs, so good and so bad...). Because out fishing is one of the hardest times for me to not smoke. Any suggestions on a good mild cigar? Seems like most of you enjoy them.
    I do enjoy them but I'm a cigarette smoker at heart. I haven't been able to kick that habit yet so I feel your pain. Congrats on going cold turkey. If I want a mild smoke I'll go with a Romeo & Juliet. The Acid cigar in the pic is a pretty good smoke. They make flavored cigars but not your typical flavor. They use all kinds of exotic spices and probably a few forms of poison to come up with some interesting flavors

Yikes, if you're looking for a mild smoke, I sure wouldn't do the Acid cigars! Those babies are rough!
    Gary

12. Likes hairwing530 liked this post

Even though there are lots of Fishers who still smoke as many friends have given it up,I can remember the era of "The Old Timers" smoking pipes however smoking has always been a no no over here whilst Fishing on Private Land because the threat of Bushfires.
    Another huge problem & a large threat we have is people who use Public Lands,Fishing Areas who don't dispose of their Butts,Packets,Rubbish etc even when bins are close.

That doesn't stop our Mates from time to time on special occassions when we are all together breaking out The Drinks & handing out The Cigars.

swirlchaser I like your Cigar,also a beaut Reel.
    Brian

14. Likes hairwing530 liked this post

Thank you. I bought it on impulse because it looked different but it has actually proven itself as a pretty sturdy piece of hardware.

Quote Originally Posted by Liphookedau View Post
    Another huge problem & a large threat we have is people who use Public Lands,Fishing Areas who don't dispose of their Butts,Packets,Rubbish etc even when bins are close.
    I've always had a dedicated vest pocket for butts, wrappers, and general small rubbish. The cigarette butt is the most littered object in the world.

17. Likes fredaevans, hairwing530 liked this post
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast