Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  461
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: a foody thread?

Another smoker story to share...

So...attempted my first butt last weekend. I am so hooked! I wanted it to be done some time before lunch on Sunday, including allowing enough time to let it rest so the butt went on at 6:30pm on Saturday. It was 8.78 lb, bone in butt, rubbed with yellow mustard to serve as a glue for the rub, which was a generous helping of my own creation.
    Smoked it at 225* and I stayed up till about midnight. Went to bed and got up every hour and half to inspect and maintain.
    At about 4 AM I was still in the internal temp plateau and even though I was determined to ride it out in the smoker without foiling, I was afraid I was going to miss an alarm and let my temps get too low since I had to sleep with my phone literally under my cheek in order to wake me up! So I pulled the butt, and put it the oven to finish.
    I finally reached temp around 10:30 and wrapped it with towels and put it in a cooler to rest. At noon the wifey and I couldn't wait anymore and pulled it.

Grabbed the bone and after a couple shakes everything just fell away!

Pulled the pork and discovered a bowl of happiness! Lol!

Seth
    Seth

It's not what I catch when I'm fishing, it's what I lose that matters to me...
    ----------------------------------------
    Good decisions come from experience...Experience comes from bad decisions...

Default Re: a foody thread?

You won't believe me but I can buckle your knees! I do it to the wife when I plate this for her....

Smothered beef , pork and beef burrito con queso. Side of chopped homegrown tomatoes, lettuce and cilantro with a splash of salsa (homegrown ingredients). After a few days I make breakfast burritos with potatoes and let me tell you they are a killer when I break them out after a long morning haul to the river in the truck.

See..........

Ummmmm, anyone know what happened to Paymaster? His last post was on August 23.

BTW, Calftail.....OMG!

4. Likes caseywise liked this post
    Blog Entries

So Seth....................... tell us about the rub will ya

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

6. Likes caseywise liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Ard, the one I use is "Big Ron's Hint of Houston." First saw a reference to same on a BBQ TV show. Actually a weekly TV show, these guys are Nut cases, 50'ish pounds of meat going at one time.

Who gets to eat all that stuff? That aside, the 'Q's' are usually custom made and many are the most inventive things I've ever seen. Shape of a train engine (thing is HUGE!) to where-ever/what-ever. How do they even move these things around?

Show is on my dish 'auto recorder;' total hoot to listen to these folks banter as they prepare/cook up their stuff for a Competition. Judges comments as they eat a bit, etc.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

8. Likes Ard, caseywise, mcnerney liked this post

Yesterday I was busy in the kitchen. Want some excitement...flip a 18 x 13 x 1 pan of pumpkin cake onto a powdered sugared towel ! It's the season.

Pumpkin roll.......

Quote Originally Posted by calftail View Post
    Yesterday I was busy in the kitchen. Want some excitement...flip a 18 x 13 x 1 pan of pumpkin cake onto a powdered sugared towel ! It's the season.

Pumpkin roll.......

nothing better then a good pumpkin roll, that looks outstanding

Blog Entries

wow!
    some great food being prepared lately
    tonight was beef/guac tacos.

so simple, but soooo good

casey

ARFE

12. Likes Ard liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by calftail View Post

Pumpkin roll.......

Amazing burritos, and now a pumpkin roll....next time I'm in Denver, I'll be expecting an invitation for dinner.

I have decided I need to learn how to bake sourdough. More practice needed.

15. Likes caseywise, calftail, rubberguy liked this post
Page 27 of 38 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast