Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baseball

Default Baseball

If you asked people close to me to try to define me in simple terms, I expect (and hope) that being a trout fisherman and crazy baseball fan would near the top of the list.

I was born and raised in the SW corner of Michigan, just across The Lake from Chicago. I have been afflicted with Chicago Cubs baseball for as long as I can remember.

March is probably the best month of the year to be a Cubs fan. Hope springs eternal.

There has to be some baseball fans around here...let's talk baseball!

Blog Entries

Default Re: Baseball

Dean: I'm not much of a baseball fan, but love to go to the ballpark to watch a game now and then. My girlfriend is a big cubs fan having grown up in Libertyville.
    Larry

Spring & baseball... Warm ups and the crack of the bat against ball, hawkers in the stands selling peanuts, beer, cokes and insurance. Spring also means the cubs have already been mathematically eliminated from the playoffs...

Just kidding Dean, the cubs are one of my favorite teams also.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Go Phillies. Fantasy league anyone?

Blog Entries

I just read this article today and it is FAR too applicable to leave it out of this article:

Yukon Goes Fishing (YGF): Baseball - A Fly Fishing game

Enjoy! *apologies if this link is not allowed, let me know if it is and I will paraphrase*
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

Not much into it, but I did make a bet before season starts. Pick a team for the most wins till the end of the season. I picked Texas. What do you think?

If I'm in Denver and the Rockies are playing I'll usually take in a game.

I'm a season ticket holder to the Minnesota Twins. Was raised on baseball, and still watch it every chance I get. Unfortunately, I now live over 2 hours from the stadium, so I sell most of my tickets. I still manage to get in 15 or so games a year, plus every playoff game if we make it.

Spring is also the best time of year to be a Twins fan! Unfortunately, we're already being decimated by injuries, and the ever-nagging Justin Morneau post concussion problems. It seems the Twins will be stuck at the cellar of the division for some time to come.

Native New Yorker, and I cheer for two teams in baseball:

The Mets, and ANYONE playing the Yankees!!!!!!
    - Rick

"A leader with great passion and few skills always outperforms a leader with great skills and little passion." Chief Rick Lasky

Quote Originally Posted by fire instructor View Post
    ANYONE playing the Yankees!!!!!!
    Yea man!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast