Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Ever get out of a Theater seat and say What a bloody waste? (Movie-Battleship)

the last 2 movies i've seen in a theater have been with my daughter. they were rango and puss n' boots.
    both highly entertaining and good for child and parent alike
    there are so many high budget flops coming out these days that we rarely go pay to see them.

casey

ARFE

Default Re: Ever get out of a Theater seat and say What a bloody waste? (Movie-Battleship)

Thanks for the head's up on Battleship. It seemed like another CG overload ala Transformers just judging from the trailers.

My daughter and I saw The Avengers in IMAX 3-D a couple weeks back... and that movie was fantastic. Very entertaining... lots of action as well as a good mix of humor.
    "Joe"

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring

Never left a theater during a movie but once when I was a teenager and the gal I was with proposed other entertainment. Even then I was stubborn about it since I'd paid good money to see Home Alone 2, LOL.

These days I go to the $3.00 second run movies and catch the ones I want. Sometimes I just take the kids to whatever fluff they wanted to see. But I'll be damned if I pay $9-$12 per ticket to see any movies, even in 3-D.

That's why I have my Netflix subscription. More cost effective.

And sadly, I watch too many foreign and indie movies which don't usually come to the theaters here in the Ozarks.

Battleship, I'll probably DVD and then watch in fast forward with the captions on. If you can read fast, you can get through a 90-minute movie in about an hour.

Kudos, Fred. Not for the comp'd tix, Kudos for getting up and walking out-- You did not fall prey to the 'sunk cost fallacy' -- (in fact I believe that walking out of a terrible movie is used as an example...) The Sunk Cost Fallacy You Are Not So Smart

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Exclamation Re: Ever get out of a Theater seat and say What a bloody waste? (Movie-Battleship)

RD, I read a lot and that was one of the most interesting bits I've seen in ages. Whole thing makes perfect sense.

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12