Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Old tackle......

Hello Frank, how's things? Hope all is going great.

I think a class like that would be alot of fun, hopefully someday I can take one.

2. Default Re: Old tackle......

I have a few in my office on the walls (reels and rods). I recently found an older automatic reel for my father-in-law for father's day.

John

I have over 1,500 old bass lures (pre 1960) and all the other stuff that goes along with this disease. Got started collecting before it became a fad or was profitable. Not much interest now as it is so hard to find anything. And have been seriously thinking about putting a bunch of the stuff for sale on Ebay just to lessen the clutter.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

I've collected some really old lures. They have become harder to find now that people are becoming more aware they have become valuable. Ive also got a few old rods and reels.

Blog Entries

I like the old stuff John; better than the new I guess. I have quite a bit of vintage gear I will remember this thread and post some pictures of old goodies to it soon.

Ard

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

I have old fly stuff, some of which was mine from the early sixties. I still have my first fly rod..have old tying stuff on a shelf. old 1st. edition books I bought as a kid too. The shop is decorated in old fly fishing and tying things.
    sandfly/ bob
    (www.bigmeadowsflyshop.com)
    N.J.B.B.A. #2215

I did not escape.....they gave me a day pass!
    from the outer edge of nowhere
    fly tying and fishing Gillie..

Gad, just occurred that, I have become the old fart with a closet full of junk...

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    Gad, just occurred that, I have become the old fart with a closet full of junk...

Dave

"One's man's junk is another man's treasure."

let's see some pics David...

Blog Entries

Haven't got old tackle...except a few very old spinning rods and the first reed rod I bought when I was eight or so....I gave a lot of things rods ,reels,vests...to friends or beginners

Quote Originally Posted by fyshstykr View Post
    "One's man's junk is another man's treasure."

let's see some pics David...
    Good idea Fysh, will grab some out of the shop and snap a few this evening, was hoping the river would be down. I get a water proof camera for Christmas and haven't been able to snap a single fish pic because of the generation.

Dave

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast