Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  4

Default Hurricane Sandy, NYC

Last edited by Ard; 10-30-2012 at 01:30 PM. Reason: Removed comment;

2. Likes ben664, mcnerney liked this post
    okuma Guest

Default Re: Hurricane Sandy, NYC native salmons running upstream :)

WOW! That's amazing

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: Hurricane Sandy, NYC native salmons running upstream :)

Humm, Kings or Coho???
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

5. Likes mcnerney liked this post
    Blog Entries

Default Removed by me;

Pretty bad flooding.

Anywhere can be the land of great expectations, broken dreams, or paradise found, it's all up to you.

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard
    Ard's Forum blog, Alaska Outdoors

Blog Entries

Default Re: Removed by me;

Maybe living in coastal Florida my whole line has jaded me to situations like these, but I like Fred's comment the best However, that flooding is terrible, and I wish everyone in hairy situations due to this storm all the best.
    - A.J.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Re: Hurricane Sandy, NYC

What I'm trying (unsuccessfully) to get a grip on is where did they leave the subway trains. One version is 'they're down there,' but that sounds like the hight of stupid if true.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Fred many of the subways and tunnels are flooded! The devastation of this storm is surreal! I'm on LI right now sitting in my car to charge my electronics. Over 4 million people are without power! There are no coastline roads and very few traffic lights are working. If you don't have food in and a propane stove to cook it your eating pop tarts! The power was restored to a local hospital with a Wendy's next door the line to the Wendys was 200 yards long and growing as i passed it. Many people who
    Didn't heed warnings are still being rescued from there roof tops. Up until this afternoon there was no way off the island as most bridges and tunnels were closed. There still is no mass transit of any kind . And to boot we still have another full moon high tide at midnite tonite which will reflood many areas!
    My hopes of getting in to some post storm stripers are dwindling fast mainly cause there is no way to get to the ocean or sound! My only chance is to fish off a friends roof! It's the worst storm to hit this area in my lifetime!
    And no sense rushing home as my home in Pa is powerless due to the storm and they doubt we will have power for more than a week!

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Oh and the subway trains that are not in use are in a train yard above ground in Brooklyn!
    Last edited by theboz; 10-30-2012 at 09:23 PM. Reason: Spell
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

10. Likes mcnerney liked this post

my parents are out in Queens,
    their house got lucky this time, they have flooding problem whenever it rains too much in a very short time. not due to the coastal flooding, we're too far inland. what happens if there's too much rain, wanter on the street cant go down drains fast enough and being our house is at the lowest point on the street it usually floods, but luck had it it didnt rain enough to cause that. and good that it didnt since power was out and 2 pumps we have in the basement would have been useless.

my sister lives on long island, they got damaged gate in the driveway and xmass tree that grows out front fell over, and electricity out, so not too bad.