Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  40
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Ard's proof of life call

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Default Re: Ard's proof of life call

Ard called again. He cut it short because another call was coming in and he has to conserve battery power. Anyway, he said he's still doing well, and it has not warmed up enough for anything to melt and he has around 10" of new snow. So thank you to whoever did the snow dance for him. Anyway, that's about all the relevant information I have at the moment. He said he would try and call back. If there is anything else, I'll let you know.

2. Likes madjoni, shotgunfly liked this post
    Blog Entries

good news dan!
    thanks for the update

casey

ARFE

Ard called me this morning. Things are still going well up there. He gets a grand total of 6 hours daylight now but it's getting something like 3 1/2 minutes longer a day. He said it's hard to sleep as long as it's dark up there. Anyway, he should be back in and on the computor for at least a day starting Sunday evening. It got cold up there again and it was right around 0 F when he called me. I'll leave the rest of it for Ard to tell you. Again, don't want to be the spoiler alert guy.

Blog Entries

A bit weird our alaskan bear can't sleep...it's time to hibernate with such a cold
    Thanks for the news Dan

It's good to hear Ard' & his wife are OK,Dan,it's agood thing you sorted out your Heater,The Weather over here is The Exact opposite,it has warmed up it's been over 35 C for The last 3 Days,there are a few Bushfires however they aren't in our area.
    In Sydney & Melbourne there's been a real heatwave,tempe 40 C +.
    A mate wanted me to go to Poland for Christmas/New Year however they have had similiar weather to you guys.
    Brian

Got a call from Ard this morning. He's doing well. In case I didn't mention it before, when Nancy and the dog were stuck up at the cabin when it warmed up and rained, it did get cold and froze everything up so she could get back.

Ard is back up at the cabin and has been building like crazy. Things are colder but he still has water under the snow on the lake. I wish I could send him some of my cold. He told me when he called this morning that the weather guy said the coldest spot in the entire US was Baudette, Minnesota. In case any of you missed it, that's where I live. Brrrr . Supposed to get to -36 F tonight and they always under estimate, so I'm betting on the cold side of -40. That'd freeze his water problem right up huh?

Anyway, Ard is doing good, the cabin is coming along and so far the weather has been a bit more cooperative. It's always fun to talk to Ard. I'll leave the rest of what's going on for Ard to tell when he gets back.

Oh one last note, he's gone from 6 hours to 9 hours of daylight since my last post.

8. Likes madjoni, wt bash, mcnerney, imxer liked this post
    Blog Entries

Thanks for the update Dan...glad to know the alaskan bear is doing fine

I haven't talked to the mad man for a while and its good hear he was able to get back up there, lets just hope he can make it back!!!
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Our weather here in So. Oregon has done a '180.' This time two days go we'd just topped 22 degrees (low of 17). Right now its 61, I kid you not! Sixty one degrees.
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Blog Entries

Dan: Thanks for the update! I figured it had cooled down up there as the really cold wx here has left and we have been having some nice days for Jan.
    Larry

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast