Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  40
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

Thumbs up Ard's proof of life call

Ard just called me from Alaska's outback. He's doing fine but it warmed up and he needs it to get cold and snow so the snowmobile has a better surface to travel back on. It warmed up (leaving me way colder than where he's at, seems wrong. ) Anyway, he wanted me to let everyone know he's doing good, getting a lot done on the cabin. He was in the middle of making cabinet doors when he called. If anyone knows the snow and cold version of the rain dance, put your dancing shoes on and get hopping. If you know how to send the warm weather here, please do that also.

For those who already don't know, Ard is Hardyreels.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Ard's proof of life call

Dan: Good to hear Ard is doing fine at the cabin. I sure wish he would quit hogging all the warm wx!

Larry
    Larry

Yah, what's up with that? I had more furnace problems thanks to the lightening. Just got it replaced today, and have been without a furnace since Friday afternoon. Nights have been colder than .... something really cold. It hit -20 F two nights in a row. It was right on 0 when they started work on it today. Murphy's law, of course it went out Friday right after everyone went home and then got colder than heck. And they also sold the last one that would work on Friday also. Stinkin Murphy.

Here's Ard in the middle of nowhere Alaska going "dang! It needs to get cold." But Ard sai things are going well, loves the new snowmachine. So does the wife. I don't want to be a spoiler alert guy for when Ard gets back so I'll leave it at that.

4. Likes fredaevans, mcnerney liked this post
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

DD, "It never rains but it pours" sort of thing. Murphy's Law is a good thing, but I've always enjoyed "Parkenson's Corollary: "Murphy has a tendency to underestimate the wreckage that will follow."

Fred
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

6. Likes mcnerney, Guest1 liked this post

I got a book when I was in the Navy called 'Murphy's Law and it Corollaries'

Flanagan's Finagiling Factor= The number when multiplied by the number you got, gives you the number you should have got.

Murphy's Law of Selective Gravity= Any object dropped will gravitate to the nearest small hole from which it can't be retrieved. Also, buttered bread falls buttered side down.

O'Toole's Commentary on Murphy's Law= Murphy was an optimist.

It was a whole book of these. It was a side splitter.

"Buttered side down" is one of my father-in-laws many classic statments! Love it.

Thanks for the reports Dan. Been cold here too, not -20 cold though! Man, that's brutal.

Even more rediculous is, as soon as I got the new furnace in and could stop the battle to keep the place from freezing up, it started warming up. How does that work? It's almost midnight and it's 20 above.

I don't want to hear it you cry babies, yesterday it was so cold in San Antonio they had sleet. Estimated over $1,000,000 in pot went up in smoke as the illegals tried to keep warm out in the brush country,,,

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

11. Likes Guest1, fredaevans, shotgunfly liked this post
    Blog Entries

Good news...from the cabinin the heart of Alaska...
    Do you members of the mustachio gang still communicate by smoke signals?

Good news!!.....I was wondering where Ard has been recently.
    Popperfly >-<(((((*>

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast