Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  6
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Photobucket

Default Photobucket

Is photobucket giving anyone besides me fits?? Everytime I use it lately its incredibly slow AND ends up locking up my machine. I have a fast machine and very fast internet connection. Any thoughts?
    thanks,
    Gary

Default Re: Photobucket

I just ran a few uploads to test it out and it is working fine for me.

man, it is killing me. every time for the last week. It'll take uploads, but then everything just freezes up.
    Gary

It was doing that to me as well and I had to upload fewer pics at a time.
    "I cast my hook into a single stream; but my pleasure is as if I owned a kingdom." - Chi K'ang (223-262)

where its screwing me up the most is when I'm downloading from it.
    Gary

Gary are you using their 'New Software'? I switched over to try it out and it was nothing but painful. There is/was a switch back button/link towards the top right of the screen. I switched back and all the troubles went away.

I may be the exception but I have been using the new version and for me it is faster and even more glitch-free than the other version. I like some of the features of the other version more, but I'd rather have efficiency.

Downloading has always been slow on photo bucket for me! Uploading is zip and done!
    "I was born to fish" Lee Wulff
    "There's more B.S. in fly fishing then there is in a Kansas feedlot." Lefty Kreh
    " It ain't over till it's over." Yogi Berra
    "Your not old,you've simply acquired a patina." Swirlchaser

Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border

It froze up on me. This was after it kept trying to bully me into a tour of the new setup. It also froze up after doing a drag and drop in the new upload thing. I dragged, I dropped it froze. Is anyone besides me sick and tired of these computor guys messing with things that aren't broke? YouTube, E Bay, Face Book, all of them have this irresistable desire to mess with their sites and none of it has been for the better. I hate timeline, the you tube channel changes, the E Bay changes even they seem to realize may not be good because they seem to have dropped most of them. I noticed with the new photo bucket setup you can't just put the curser over your photo and get the drop down with the codes anymore. I had to actually bring it up seperate and do it. It seems like a little thing but if you think about it, someone wrote tons of programming to make it less user friendly. And they talked someone into thinking it was a good idea.

10. Likes gt05254, jaybo41 liked this post

I nixed photobucket but I'm on an ancient laptop with no memory left or whatever, my browser needed updating so I went with google chrome and use their picasa it seems smooth enough for me and I'm definitely not computer savvy!
    Oh I live to be the ruler of life not a slave

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast