Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
    White City (tad north of Medford) Oar-E-Gone

Default Good Eats, the best 25?

All actually darned simple to make and was surprised to find that I've made at least 20, many on a regular basis (Who doesn't like warm Banana or Zuc bread slathered in real butter?)

America's 25 Favorite Home-Cooked Dishes | The Daily Meal
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Default Re: Good Eats, the best 25?

Some of those look great

Hmmm, any recipe that doesn't include Kraft macaroni and cheese...Well lets just say I'm suspect.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    Hmmm, any recipe that doesn't include Kraft macaroni and cheese...Well lets just say I'm suspect.

Dave
    I so hear you Dave, I so hear you. Double batch and load up the boiling water with frozen veggies and toss in with the noodles. Done then the cheese packets milk and double butter. Toss in sliced up green onion when you mix everything together and you have:

GOOD EATS!
    When wealth is lost, nothing is lost; when health is lost, something is lost; when character is lost, all is lost. - Billy Graham"

Quote Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
    I so hear you Dave, I so hear you. Double batch and load up the boiling water with frozen veggies and toss in with the noodles. Done then the cheese packets milk and double butter. Toss in sliced up green onion when you mix everything together and you have:

GOOD EATS!

Seriously, I have never heard of adding vegetables that way! You're getting rep points for this one.

Dave
    I was going fly fishing until my wife suggested it, now I can't tell who is outsmarting who!

Being "one with nature" requires a knowledge of what animals are living nearby and a weapon of sufficient magnitude to give you at minimum an equal chance of survival. No one has an invisible aura that animals can detect and sense your good intentions.

6. Likes williamhj liked this post

Quote Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
    Seriously, I have never heard of adding vegetables that way! You're getting rep points for this one.

Dave
    Even at Potlucks it gets high points. Want a bit of a 'kick?' Red pepper flakes. Just go light the first few times; more is not better.

8. Likes caseywise liked this post

Here is my special recipe for mac & cheese

Per box of mac
    1 lb hamburger deeply browned then
    add 1 can Rotel to hamburger and reheat to a boil
    turn off heat and add the prepared mac & cheese

Good stuff there.

Dave

10. Likes caseywise liked this post
    Blog Entries

the chx pot pie looks good
    so does the mac n' chz.

casey

ARFE