Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Bourbon

Default Re: Bourbon

I see. Thanks.

Have any of you tried Angel's Envy? If so, what did you think?

Normally I enjoy Canadian Whiskey but I have been trying out bourbon lately and I enjoy it. Right now Iam working on a bottle of Makers Mark. I also picked up a bottle of Eagle Rare 10 and its good.

Our liquor store here has a really good whiskey selection so tomorrow I may have to stop by and cruise around the bourbon section ( or the American Whiskey Section as they call it up here) and see what I find.

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by fysh View Post
    A couple years ago on The Salmon River (Idaho) we were all standing around a blazing campfire and I was handed a tin cup with a few ice cubes and three fingers(maybe four) of a bourbon I'd not tasted before, I sipped it and instantly liked it, turned out to be a rather inexpensive bottle of George Dickel no.12.

It's tough to find in my area, when I make it to Wyoming, I usually search out a few bottles, and with roughly a $20 price tag it is far from a "Bank Breaker". I have an unopened bottle in the cupboard that appears to be rather lonely....it shall be visited tonight.
    BourbonEnthusiast.com • Bourbon Reviews • George Dickel No. 12
    George Dickel is made 5 minutes from my house in the Cascade Hollows of Normandy Tenn. http://tnspiritsandwinetrail.com/George_Dickel_Distillery.html and Jack Daniel's is only 15 minutes away in Lynchburg Tenn.
    One thing I can say about George Dickel.....very smooth! that would be my choice.
    Popperfly >-<(((((*>

Born to Fish...Forced to Work !

5. Likes fyshstykr liked this post

It is smooth isn't it?!
    Since this thread was posted I've been forced to have a few fingers of Dickel no.12 in the name of research....preliminary results are that I may need to do some more research.

7. Likes yonder liked this post

I'm generally a Bulleit man, but just bought a bottle of Buffalo Trace to find out for myself after reading this forum.

I love research.
    "The finest gift you can give to any fisherman is to put a good fish back, and who knows if the fish that you caught isn't someone else's gift to you?" - Lee Wulff

9. Likes shotgunfly liked this post
    Blog Entries

yeah, bulliet is good but eagle rare is better.
    another fine bourbon is makers mark.
    however, when camping, a great sitting around the fire whiskey is good old beam

casey

ARFE

11. Likes fyshstykr liked this post

No one has tried Templeton Rye?

Quote Originally Posted by caseywise View Post
    yeah, bulliet is good but eagle rare is better.
    another fine bourbon is makers mark.
    however, when camping, a great sitting around the fire whiskey is good old beam

casey
    I checked out the Eagle Rare (10yr) recently on a whim at my brother in laws. Man! That is some good stuff. It's nudged Bulleit out of a top seat.

The Macallan 18yr is still my go to, although a recent sampling of 12yr is gainin fast.

Looking to try some Macallan Fine Oak here in a few days.

---------- Post added at 09:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 PM ----------

Soo...this is a bourbon thread. Does there need to be a whisky (whiskey) thread?
    "...all snobbery is defensive..and as important as fishing seems, the most important thing about it is, it's just fishing."

-- John Gierach

Art: http://www.gravenfish.com

My TU:
    http://massanuttentu.com

...possibly a strong black coffee thread?
    "I cast my hook into a single stream; but my pleasure is as if I owned a kingdom." - Chi K'ang (223-262)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast