Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  19
Dislikes Dislikes:  0
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Any Past/Present Pipe Smokers/Collectors?

Default Re: Any Past/Present Pipe Smokers/Collectors?

The taxes are finally finished for this year..........I think I will stop the bleeding with a bowl of samuel galwith full virginia flake in the savinelli........
    yonder

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

beside the AuSable River in northern Michigan

yonder,

I like your choices in both tobacco AND pipes! Have you got any suggestions for an "all-day" blend of tobacco, something that is relatively mild, has a decent room note to it-- remember, guys, I'm in the minority here when it comes to men-folk --yet still carries a bit of nic? Let me know when you can... Jerry, aka hairwing530

First off.....thanks for posting about the journals, sam, and all of your "kids." These have all been great reads......... For an all day pipe tobacco, I prefer Lane's burley light without a bite or BLWB. No nico kick, but a good nutty, burley flavor...excellent room note. I rank this one way over the drugstore brands. My local B&M uses this as a blender, and I use it to modify the taste of some of my stored tobaccos that just do not fit my taste profile. I tend to enjoy the straight burleys, and straight virginias. I have some latakia, turkish, and perique blends that I am aging, in case my flavor profile changes. So far, those blends just do not do it for me. I can't really help on the nicotine........as I find the nicotine content of pipe tobacco to be extremely mild in comparison to my cigars. Good luck in your search, and keep posting more about your "journey."

Maybe one day I can achieve the status of "fishnbanjo".........that is alot of nice pipes........
    Last edited by yonder; 03-29-2013 at 09:20 AM.
    yonder

Here I walk slowly, deliberately, taking it one step, one trout, one sunset at a time. -Harry Middleton

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345